Chapter 1: Second Chances

Even though my death was supposedly just 3 years ago, I could recall it from the top of my head. My back was piercing with extreme amounts of pain and what was even worse is that after Iris took her shot, all I could do was just lay there on the ground and remained helpless to the blue mist that overtook me. I was extremely close to my ascension only to find myself dead shortly after. But if I'm dead, then how was I still able to ponder a few moments later? Technically, my brain shouldn't even exist, but my presence felt more grounded than ever like there was a delicate thread attempting to pull me back to reality. Bam!!! And there I was, just sitting back in my old hideout as if none of this even happened in the first place.

"Hello!!! Anyone home!!" Oh, right! I'm the only one that lives here now after I was betrayed. "You over there with the broom!!!"

"Me??"

"Is this the afterlife?? Cuz I'm supposed to be dead."

"Huh?? What are you going on about dude?? Do you need help??"

Whoosh!!! Thud!! "I am the God of Speed!!! If you think that I need help, then. you're clearly mistaken!!!"I hollered "Now I'm gonna ask you again", lowering my voice. "All you have to do is answer this one question and I promise to let you go from the wall. Hmm, actually that's a maybe for now. Are we alive or dead right now??"

"OK OK!!!! We're alive man!! Let me out of here already!!"

"Finally!" As I let him go, I remarked, "This is still the year 2017 we're in right???"

"Uhhhh, it's 2020 man. I really don't know what you're tripping on about dude."

Running away like how a scared little boy runs from his mom, I began to realize what I hadn't before. Oh, boy was it time to get to work. If I'm gonna break apart Team Flash, there's only one way to do it......from the inside. Doing it physically never really worked quite well for me, but I still haven't forgotten what Barry Allen did to me.

Whoosh!! The tools lying around the workshop were packed as always with a nice reflective shine to them. I had to be quite careful as to what I was planning since any one of Team Flash could hop in at any moment. If only I could find this stupid.....

"Hey, Barry!!! What are you looking for here?"

"Oh!!! Uhhhh, I'm just trying to find the transmogrifier that HR used. Any idea where it is?"

"Yea, it should be here somewhere. Here it is dude" handing it to me. "What's the problem, man?? You under the weather or something?? If so, Caitlin can always patch you up like always!" Caitlin. The name seemed to strike a chord on me since I found myself faltering for a moment.

"Nah man, I'm quite fine actually" turning to face him. "I'm feeling a little tired today though. Did anything major happen this year?? Like extremely important???"

"I thought you were supposed to remember what happened in Crisis. After all, you're a paragon."

"Crisis????"