Because of Peter's injury, he couldn't help my dad fight Steve Rodgers and his "super secret band" as my dad called it. Peter was really upset that he couldn't help.

When I got home I took a nap. I woke up about an hour later still really tired. I walked downstairs to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

"Oh hey Happy. I didn't know you were here. If you're waiting for my dad he's not here, he went out before I took a nap. I don't know where he went."

"No, no I'm not here for Tony"

"Oh?"

"I'm actually here to talk to you"

"About?" I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and places it on the counter.

"About what happened with you and Peter on the plane"

"Fuck I forgot about that"

"Are you two dating or something?" I'm glad he ignored the fact that I swore, usually he yells at me for things like that.

"Or something"

"What?"

"Well, I don't know... I guess we're dating"

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?"

"Kind of"

"What is kind of? Either he asked you or he didn't"

"He asked me"

"Then your dating." I looked at the floor then grabbed some coffee Happy had made and poured it into my mug. I sat down on a stool beside him. "I won't tell Tony." He said

"Really?!"

"I'd do anything for you kid and you know that."

"Thank you Happy oh thank you!" I jumped up and hugged him, he hugged me back "Thank you, Happy. Really."

"Of course" We talked for a while, but my dad called for Happy to pick him up, so he left and I went back up to my room.

After a few minutes I got a call from Peter, and he invited me over to his place to watch the movie Aliens. May was out somewhere, so it was just me and Peter.

We watched the movie in his bedroom since his TV had better quality than the one in the one in his living room.

I sat down on his bed leaning against the wall.

"I'm going to make some popcorn do you want any?"

"Sure, but only a little bit"

"Okay!" He walked into the kitchen and started making the popcorn. He put in in the microwave before coming back into his bedroom "Do you want a glass of water?"

"Yes please!" He smiled at me and walked back to the kitchen.

A few minutes later he walked back in with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and two cups of water in the other. He put the popcorn down on his bed and handed me a cup.

He turned on the movie.

About halfway through, I rested my head on Peters shoulder. I expected him to push me away but he didn't. He just sat there with me. My heart skipped a beat.

It was then that I knew, I was in love with him.

After the movie I got my phone and opened the door. Peter kissed me and I left. Happy was waiting outside for me in the jet black Subaru he usually picked me up in from school.

I ran into the front seat of the car crying.

"Hey Adeline! How was the movie- Jesus kid what the hell happened?!!"

"Nothing."

"What did he do? Say the word and I'll beat him up."

"No! Happy no, Peter didn't do anything wrong."

"Then what happened?"

"I don't know" Happy looked at me all confused. "can I tell you something?"

"Of course"

"Can you park in an empty parking lot or something? He might look out the window and see were still here"

"Sure." Happy drove away and parked in an abandoned Walgreens parking lot.

"Okay, here's good but you have to promise to never ever tell anyone this. Especially not my dad."

"I don't know if I can do that"

"Promise me Happy." my voice shook

"Okay I promise"

"Everything was fine, we were about half way through the movie and I laid my head on his shoulder."

"And?"

"He didn't move. He just sat there with me"

"I don't understand isn't that good?"

"It is! But when ever we do these coupley things I feel like I don't deserve any of it. What's wrong with me Happy?" I burst into tears

"Nothing's wrong with you, Adeline."

"Then why is this happening?"

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

"What?" I looked up from my palms.

"What do you think you deserve?"

"I don't know..."

"Do you think you deserve Peter?"

"I think so"

"How does he make you feel?"

"He makes me happy, I love being with him."

"Exactly. Peter makes you happy so, there's no use in feeling like this. You two were made for each other." I stared at Happy as a tear fell down my cheek. My bottom lip started to quiver. "Hey. You deserve him. You deserve to be loved. You're enough. I'm proud of you" He leaned over and hugged me. "I'm glad you were comfortable enough to come to me with this." he sat there and held me while I cried for a while. When I finally stopped crying he brought me to McDonalds and bought me a Happy Meal. I know it sounds dumb, me being 16 and all but its our little tradition.

When I was younger and I cried, Happy would bring me to get a Happy Meal. At first he did it as a joke because his name is Happy but it stuck.

"I'm so glad I have you in my life. I don't know what I'd do with out you."

"Ditto." he replied eating a french fry.