➰5➰

"What do you want to discuss?" She looked at them closely, analysing their every moves.

"Why would you expose us? And what sort of scenes are you going to show them of us..." Thomas asked, trailing off at the end.

"Yeah. I'd rather know now, if you're planning to have them watch Dylmas porn. I mean, for shuck's sake! His dad and all of our friends are out there!" Newt continued, working himself up, though even then he remained unnervingly calm.

"I'm not going to lie, they will see you having sex. And some. The whole point of this is that they view your lives. And that means both of you, actually."

The two boys shared an unsure glance but hardened their resolves and nodded in agreement that they would share the humiliating embarrassment equally. Though, to be fair, Thomas would probably have been sufficiently embarrassed by that point, anyway.

"Alright. My dad will think I'm a complete man whore, but oh well." Newt laughed and pressed a kiss to his lips, cupping his face.

"He's your father, he won't mind. Much." Thomas levelled him with a look.

"Well that just fills me with confidence." Rolling his eyes.

"C'mon shank. We should get back for the next video." Thomas nodded and allowed Newt to drag him back into the other room.

They got a few glances but otherwise no extreme reaction to their return.

"Hey, we should sit with the scorchers. Min min looks like he could use a bit of company. His bitch face is back."

Newt laughed and clapped his shoulder.

"I dare you to say that to his face."

Thomas grinned and they walked over to him with their drinks.

"Not a chance."

The room darkened slightly and they all went to a seat, with Thomas ending up between Minho and Brenda and Newt on Minho's other side

"Wait what? What's a freezer? And why was he locked in one?" Frypan asked as he looked around at the other groups, his eyes landing on Isaac.

Thomas tried to explain but was a bit rubbish at it, so Lydia took over.

"A freezer is an insulated box that makes things cold and stops any air form escaping. It means food can be kept for a longer time."

The strawberry blonde girl said, looking at Frypan in curiosity, along with the rest of the pack.

"We didn't really have those in my second life." Thomas attempted to explain, but Minho stopped him by placing a hand on his arm.

"Save us all the pain of listening to you trying to explain anything and just don't."

Thomas gave an offended noise and pressed a dramatic hand to his chest.

"My god, you're more sarcastic than I am." The scorchers all shook their heads in disagreement.

"No way.""Not possible." They all decided.

"Scott, I really hate your dad." He called across the room, frowning at the screen.

"Don't we all?" Melissa and Noah said at the exact same time.

"I mean, what even is his problem?! Like, I know what his problem is but why does he have to be such a dick about it?"

Scott shrugged and leant against Allison.

"It's just the way he is."

"I'm beginning to see where you get your issues with authority from." Irene spoke for the first time in a while, from where she was sitting nearer to the back of the room, with Stan.

"Fucking Christ! I forgot you were both here! Well, not forgot, more like ignored or dismissed." Thomas held a hand to his chest and absently heard the tinkling bell-like laughter of the China doll girl.

"Rookie mistake." Stan commented, making Thomas roll his eyes.

"Haven't you had enough of the 'expose my suffering' game yet?" Thomas asked towards the girl, who just smiled and shook her head.

"That was the last video for Beacon hills. We will now be moving onto your second life."

Thomas wasn't happy about it, but he settled back, feeling multiple hands patting his shoulders and back, as the scorchers tried to reassure him with simple touches.

"There's a few things that everyone needs to know," she started as she stood in front of her chair, "in Stiles' second life, he was known as Thomas. This is the name that he continues to prefer." She smiled over at him, receiving a nod from him and his friends.

"On this planet, the sun had scorched the earth, killing most of the population. The fallout lead to the flare, a rage sickness if you will." She broke her sentence there, seeing the surprised looks on the pack and CIA people's faces.

"It was a disease that they believed to be incurable, but eventually a new generation was born that could survive the virus. The World Catastrophe Killzone Department, WCKD, decided to conduct experiments on the young boys and girls in an attempt to find a cure."

She gave very unappreciated, sympathetic look to the group on her left.

"WCKD designed a series of trials. They were meant to test them to the point of extreme stress in order to study their brains. Many died in these trials. The first was the maze trial, which you will witness in a few moments. After that were the scorch and the death cure. In these, they would be exposed to what remained of the dead world and then trapped in their own minds while WCKD used their fear and adrenaline as a stimulant of the cure, which they extracted from their blood."

She looked at Minho, seeing the flinch that he gave and the way that Thomas and Newt both moved closer to him.

"WCKD had began as a noble cause, but eventually their programme ended in a system that would have leant itself to epigenetic's- wherein they only gave the cure to the people that they wanted to save."

Everyone in the room frowned, none more so than Thomas, who had heard Janson's speech first hand.

"The young boys and girls who escaped from WCKD sought safety in a "safe haven" that they heard about, which they would find by reaching the right arm. This was a group lead by Vince and his partner Mary, an ex-WCKD employee."

Thomas frowned at the mention of Mary. She was one of the deaths that he regretted the most, right alongside Teresa, Alby and Chuck.

"Our own Thomas here used to work for the organisation, but he defected and before he was sent into the maze he sent vital information to the right-arm, who used it to free other kids from WCKD. I think that's all that you need to know at the moment, all else will be explained. We will be watching these videos in the order of how things happened."

Everyone agreed and settled back, while the next video appeared on screen.