➰10➰

"Hang on a second! You two are bad guys as well?!" Liam asked Brenda and Jorge.

They smirked and shared a look before Brenda spoke.

"Liam, is it?" Liam nodded. "We were opportunists. This lot had a bounty on them." She gestured at the scorchers, making the pack from.

"Like the deadpool?" Scott asked, causing Thomas to realise the similarities.

"No, no, WCKD wanted us alive. Those two would have just called them up and sold us. As it was, they were more interested in coming with us to find the right-arm. The same could not be said, however, for their men."

Thomas reassured and answered their questions, guessing what their next questions would have been, as well.

Liam nodded and stood up, moving to sit with the scorchers, right behind Thomas, surprising the pack.

Liam saw the looks and shrugged, a nervous look on his face.

"What? I want to be closer to mom." Thomas' face lit up and he kneeled on his chair to be able to reach back and pull Liam into a warm hug.

"Scotty! Our child has finally admitted it!" Scott smiled and watched as Stiles fawned over Liam.

Newt watched the scene with a small frown.

"It's taken him long enough. I thought the pup might have jumped you when we first entered. He quite clearly hasn't received enough attention from the pack." He reached over and stroked Liam's knee, sharing a fond smile with Thomas.

"You were waiting for me to move?" Liam asked Newt with a surprised face.

Newt nodded in agreement to his question, "Tommy spoke a lot about you. You're the pup, you should always be taken care of, even if it sometimes annoys you. It's your pack's job. Tommy is a main part of our little dysfunctional family, that means you are too."

Liam smiled happily and settled back in his seat, making Thomas turn around and sit back in his chair properly.

'Thank you', he mouthed to Newt, who nodded and they shared a smile.

(Hanging upside down)

"That guy gave me the creeps." Malia muttered, giving a small shiver.

Allison, Danny and Jackson nodded in agreement, looking across when Jorge spoke.

"He was a snivelling weasel, wanted money but couldn't see the bigger picture. I had suspected him of working with WCKD for quite some time before he made his agenda known."

The groups all nodded and turned back to the screen, the next video already beginning to play.

(Brenda and Thomas go into tunnels)

"How?! What?! You're crazy!" Irene said as she looked at Jorge.

"Irene, give the man credit, that was an amazing trap." Hurley countered, nodding in respect at Jorge's plan.

"How did you get out?" Harriet asked. She was curious. She and the others had been told about how they met Jorge and Brenda, but all those two would ever say is that they got out in time, clearly that was not the case, as they'd lead everyone to believe.

"Tunnels. You took the tunnels, didn't you," Jorge spoke, getting nods from Brenda and Thomas.

"Yeah, we weren't sure which way, though, so we had to look around. We found a large group of cranks. They were decaying and had new things growing from them. They seemed to be in some type of stasis until they noticed us. Then they chased us all the way up into a skyscraper. Seriously, those things are relentless."

Jorge nodded, frowning.

He figured that when they were being chased must have been when Brenda got bitten by one of those ugly things.

"Well, I'm just glad that you managed to survive that blast." Melissa decided.

"By the skin of their teeth." Ethan added in helpfully, going silent under Melissa's glare.