Chapter 23

3rd POV

Yamaguchi gave a bad receive causing the ball to bounce while rolling to the door. "I got it!" You walked over to the ball and right you were about to take the ball, someone's hand took it first. You flinched when you saw a guy with glasses and wearing a purple jump suit. "Here." He tossed the ball to you. "Thanks." You look at the door to see a few more people walking in as they greeted.

"The team Neighborhood Association..." They spoke as they crossed their arms.

"...is here!"

"Hey, guys! Thanks for coming on short notice." Ukai greeted the ones who got in. Tsukishima walked up behind you with Yamaguchi trailing behind him. "I was expecting geezers from a neighborhood association." "Me too." Yamaguchi nodded as he watched the older males.

Once everything was settled, Ukai gathered everyone in the gym's attention. "Let's get started!" Ukai announces as a sign for everyone to get ready for the match. You from afar can feel Hinata's excitement throughout the whole gym. Getting cheers from both teams but Ukai noticed a few errors when setting the teams.

"We need two more..." The older male looked around for more players until he saw you talking to Kiyoko, "Ne Kiyo-chan, don't you want anyone to be a manager in the team? Did you found anyone yet?" The manager shake her head, "Haven't found anyone yet." You thought of something for a while. "Hmmm, maybe I know who! I'll introduce her to you." You gave a grin that shows your pearly fangs, to Kiyoko.

She nodded timidly. Ukai now know who he wants to add for the other team. "Hey brat! Wanna go play? We're short on players right now!" Your (E/c) coloured eyes brightened when you heard that. "Sure old man!" 

You saw Daichi talking to Nishinoya and the coach but thinking it's none of your business, you just went back to the court. As he was getting ready, voices started to reach his ear.

"Are you sure you're going back to the court?" "Remember your old games? That man couldn't play volleyball for a while because of you."

"And? He healed, didn't he?" You said it to yourself but the voices continued on.

"Your silence that day was another word for the guilt and pain you felt." 

"You kept your pain and those guilts inside of you because you rather let it destroy you than everyone else." 

"Your tears aren't the only thing that measures the pain you feel. Sometimes your smile shows it as well."

The guilt in you was starting to get even worse than before. When that person was announced that he couldn't play volleyball for a while, made you feel like it was your fault. It was when you spiked the ball, made it sounded like a gun shot since the gym was always dead silent whenever it's your turn.

But...when one of them blocked, their fingers weren't doing so good when he blocked it. You put in too much force, what made you feel even more worse was when that player landed, his legs were broken. It was probably the player landed in a wrong way but you felt it was your fault. It was stuck to you until now.

"It was my fault but I'm not gonna back down now. Not until I get every soul that I need."

"We'll see if you get the souls you deserve..."

The voices stopped for now and when you look up, you saw a tangerine looking outside the small window. "Uwaah! It's Asa-kun!" "Asahi-san!" Now you and Hinata was staring at the small window since you both saw him walking over timidly with his Karasuno jacket on. "Ah! These two!"