Chapter 3

Gina drove into Real Deal's parking lot and adjusted her mirror to see how badly she was hurt. "Good morning Ms. Thornwood."

A voice interrupted her thoughts. Whatever. She thought. Ok, so how am I going to deal with this now? Gina was barely 10 minutes late for work when her phone began to ring. Deciding to ignore it, it began ringing again. Seeing that it will not stop she answered. "Hello."

"Ms. Thornwood? This is Travis. I was wondering if everything was ok and if you will be coming in today."

"Travis I am here. In the parking lot. I had an accident a few minutes ago. Take one of my shirts in my office, a pack of wipes, and some bandages." 

Travis walked into the parking lot hurriedly towards Gina. Upon seeing her, he had a slight look of panic on his face as he saw the blood streaming down her face and dripping onto her blouse. "Ms. Thornwood, what happened?"

"Car accident. Some guy drove into me when I was driving out of my apartment's parking lot."

"And you drove like this all the way here?"

"Yes, Travis. Now quit talking and help me with the bandages please."

"Ok, Ms. Thornwood." Travis helped Gina with her bandages then wait for her to remove her blouse so she could redress herself. Removing her garments in front of Travis was never an issue for Gina. She came to know this on the first day he started the job.  After going through countless interviews, Travis was whom she recommended to the board. At the end of his first day, she took him out for drinks. At the pub, while talking to her assistant and getting to know him better, she noticed his preference. Travis preferred older women and the occasional young men. Therefore, she was definitely not his type, and she treated him as her little brother.

"So who is already here?"

"Cocksmouth, Ass breath and Common moments."

"So that would be; Mr. Downswell, Mrs. Cassese, and Mr. Docturi. You really should watch out for those connotations young man."

"Oh come on, I got them from you and your notes that I have to edit, remember? I just put them together and figured who was whom."

"So did the meeting start when you called me?"

"You know they won't be starting without the Dragon." With that said, they both burst out laughing when their cackle was met with a disgruntled sound.

"I see you are getting quite acquainted with your assistant Ms. Thornwood."

"A pleasant morning to you too Mr. Docturi. How are you this morning?"

"The meeting is about to begin, and Dr. Williams has arrived."

"After you sir."

Handing over her belongings to Travis, Gina walked into the room of 'on-paper distinguished members' and took her seat next to Docturi.