Chapter 27 - Dreamscape

I came to and clutched my head groggily. The pressure and pain I was feeling seemed to be completely gone, but everything else still felt fuzzy.

As I was sitting there everything suddenly came rushing back to me and I remembered hearing the strange voices come up to me. I also remembered being picked up as I blacked out, making my eyes snap open as I quickly jumped to my feet in defense mode.

As I did I froze, gasping at the sight in front of me. I was standing in the middle of a beautiful lagoon. There we're luscious trees and bushes strewn about, flowers and mushrooms clustered together in every nook and cranny, as well as a huge bubbling waterfall that led into a lake nearby, covering the entire area in mist.

"Woah" I whispered as I gazed around, amazed at what I was seeing. "Woah indeed, love" came an angelic voice from behind me making me spin around.

In front of me was a woman who looked to be in her early 20's wearing a long silver dress that shimmered in the moonlight. She had flawless pale skin, long black hair, and bright golden eyes. There were freckles splashed across her face and wisps of hair hanging down to frame it. If I didn't know any better, I would say she kind of looked like an older version of me but more elegant, and with gold eyes instead of silver. She had this otherworldly vibe to her as her eyes scanned me curiously.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time, come with me." She said enchantingly before she turned around and slowly sauntered towards a large willow tree.

I didn't know what else to do so I followed behind her cautiously, making sure to keep a wary distance. She came to a stop under the tree before she turned around to face me once again.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked as she watched me inquisitively. "Um... to be honest... no...I don't." I said nervously as I watched her walk towards me. I fought the urge to step back as she came to a stop directly in front of me.

She laughed lightly making my heart flutter from how beautiful it sounded. "This may be a lot to take in...but I..am Diana, the moon goddess." She said confidently giving me a dazzling smile. I froze in shock as she said that. There's no way in hell. Someone's gotta be fucking with me.

As I thought that her face scrunched up in distaste "I don't like that language, little miss and no one is messing with you. How else would I be able to communicate with you through the dreamscape?" She asked angrily, tapping her foot against the ground in annoyance.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I can't believe I.... wait.... I didn't say that out loud." I said, my voice slowly lowering to a whisper as I looked away and the realization dawned on me. "NO FUCKING WAY!" I yelled out excitedly to and looked back to see Diana give me a stern look. "Ooops," I said embarrassed, covering my mouth as I looked at her apologetically "My bad".

"It's alright, I understand" she replied nodding and smiling at me. "You may want to brace yourself for everything I have to tell you next then my dear"

I looked at her curiously with an eyebrow rose, silently questioning what she meant before she continued.

"You just finished your final phase and are finally ready. There is going to be a war coming soon and you are the key to saving everyone. The god of destruction, Torah (Tor-ahh) has returned from exile and is planning to try and force all of the supernatural creatures to bow before him and name him king. He will kill all who oppose him" She said seriously as she looked at me with a grim expression.

"With your final phase comes the last blessing you will receive. With this blessing, your magic will have increased tenfold. You will now be able to turn invisible, astral project yourself into the dream scape, and quite a bit more that you will figure out in due time. Another aspect to it though is that you are now unable to be killed unless done by a higher entity such as a god or goddess though you can still be gravely wounded by mortals. Gods and goddesses can only be killed by others of the same stature." She said clearly letting me take in all of that information.