Failed Exam ღ |✨

Nov 27th, 2020

A/n: I'm such a simp and I'm okay with it. Anyway, here's this and uhh yeah I didn't proofread at all :) - Day

L e o

"It's just one exam, babe!" He joked, but his smile dropped when he saw the glare you shot him. He cleared his throat uncomfortably and thought that maybe he should try a different, more sensitive approach this time. He watched as your hands ran over your face miserably, you were close to tears at this point, the cause laying beside you on his workbench.

He moved closer and crouched down in front of you, taking your hands in his own calloused ones. You still wouldn't look up, your eyes trained on his dirty boots. He pursed his lips, "Let me try that again; it's just one exam. I know you studied really hard for it and I'm proud of you for working so hard on the material." He pecked your knuckles, letting his lips rest there, "It really sucks right now, but I promise this doesn't say anything about how smart you are or how hard you worked."

Some part of what he said stuck, but it didn't change how shitty you felt about failing. Still, you could tell he was trying to understand at least. You looked up into his big brown eyes, "Thanks, Valdez."