Simple

Today was Saturday which was one of my days off and I felt like doing something to clear my mind.

After last night I came home and just collapsed from the madness. Now I think about it, it was silly and not that big of a deal. Jess didn't say anything about it and neither did I.

"Aubrey I'm going to work I'll see you tonight." Jess shouted from the kitchen.

"Ok have fun, love you." I shouted back.

Jess worked at a cafe in town near the hospital and she enjoyed it. She earns a decent amount especially when she gets tips and the owner is a lovely old lady called Rosa. I go in there a lot on my lunch breaks to stop buy and Rosa always slips a cookie into my lunch. She's so sweet and I see why Jess likes to work for her.

I drag myself out of bed and put on a cute outfit as it was warm today but still a little windy. I wore my red skirt and a cute top with a black jacket just in case it was nippy.

I grabbed by bag and keys and left the apartment.

I  began walking down the street as i felt like going for a walk to the park but had to walk through town first. It was a beautiful day although I felt uneasy, like someone was watching me.

Things like this get me nervous... because of my past but I don't let it defy me as a person. I shake it off and carry on walking, I go into a nearby shop and a buy an iced coffee to sit and drink at the park. I enjoyed going there. It was peaceful and looked after. The lakes looked beautiful and you can see all the fish and ducks swimming around.

I leave the shop and make way as it was only about a 10 minute walk from here. However the minute I exited the shop I felt uneasy again, like someone was observing me from afar. I looked around and saw nothing until my eyes met with those piercing grey ones again. Oh shit.

I quickly looked away as the man from the bar last night was across the street on his motorcycle and he was with a few of his other biker buddies. I didn't want to cause trouble so I decided to take the short cut down one of the alleys.

It was daytime so hopefully I would be safe walking down here, I know it's definitely not safe at night but I would take the risk this one time to avoid the bikers.

I kept my head down as junkies and homeless were sat in corners and I didn't want to cause a scene with them. Don't get me wrong most of them are harmless and just need help which unfortunately isn't offered to them but when they are as high as a kite, they can become aggressive.

I tried to pull down my skirt and walk as quickly as possible in the hope they wouldn't take notice.

I was almost there, so close until-

A man walked out from behind a huge bin and his face was half covered, he had a gun in front of my face and was a much bigger build than me.

"Give me all your money or I'll blow your fucking brains out."

Give me a fucking break.

"Look dude I will literally give you all the money I have which comes to about ooo $9. Give me a fucking break, I have been at work all week and been having the shittiest weekend so here take it." I handed him the money and he held the gun raised at me still.

"What? What else do you fucking want? A tour round the town?" Oh god. I was really pushing it here. I don't know what's gotten into me but this attitude was not getting me anywhere.

The men stepped closer and pushed the gun against my forehead. There was no point screaming out for Help and quite frankly, I wasn't getting out of this situation in my position. If I hadn't been such a pussy and just gone the normal-

"Put down the gun before me and my guys blow out YOUR brains." I heard a deep raspy voice speak out from behind me and I recognised it almost immediately.

"The fuck you want Jaxon, i need the money man I'm living out here with nothing." The guy trying to rob me whined.

Jaxon. That's his name. I turned around and not to my surprise, it was the guy from last night who also threatened to kill me.

"What you gonna do? Argue about who gets to kill me cuzzzz, go ahead." I covered my mouth realising what I just said.

Jaxon raises his eyebrow and gave me an angry stare. I think I crossed the line and i feel like it's my time to dip.

"Leave her Andy, I'll buy you some food at my bar and a pint, on me." Jaxon spoke to the man.

"Thanks man... I'm sorry, I won't do this again, I respect your hel-" Andy got cut off.

"Leave." Jaxon bluntly said.

Andy didn't think twice before walking past me clearly taking up Jaxons offer of a free meal and beverage.

I turned round to look at Jaxon to show I wasn't afraid but his grey eyes almost made my heart run out my chest.

"You have a mouth on you, learn when to keep quiet." He turned to leave and tend back to his friends and bike I imagine.

I turned to continuing my walk. "Asshole" I muttered.

Before I could take another step I was pinned against the wall for the second time in the space of 24 hours.

"What the fuck you call me?" He spat.

For some reason he was giving off threatening vibes but it didn't seem to scare me all that much.

I carefully considered about what to say. Apologising and running is my best option and safest but my mouth had a mind of its own.

"I called you... a fucking asshole." I smiled sarcastically which pissed him off even more but I didn't care.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again as if he knew it was a bad idea.

He let me go and I walked away with my head held high like I wasn't bothered but realistically.  My heart was ten miles in front of me and my head was spinning from me standing up to people who were way out of my zone.

I didn't look back until I reached the end of the alley and when I did finally look back. Jaxon was gone.

I decided against the idea of going to the park as I felt like all my energy had been sucked out of my body after that little event.

I walked round town and did a loop so I came back on myself, avoiding the alley this time. I walked back to my building and practically legged it up the stairs and unlocked my apartment door. I slammed it shut, locked it and slumped down against the door.

That was enough of seeing the world for one day. I got changed and put on some shorts and an oversized shirt. I jumped onto the sofa and put on American Horror Story and although my mind was telling me no... I picked up the phone and ordered a pizza.

I'm excited for this story and for jaxon and Aubrey to connect properly

Enjoy :)))