Chapter 1. Give Them Hell

August 25, 1991

"Dad! Dad!"

Severus heard his name being yelled multiple times outside of his room. He opened his eyes slowly and turned to look at the alarm clock next to his bed. 7 o'clock. He groaned as he opened his eyelids wider.

"What is it?" He sighed.

"I got it dad! It came!" The voice yelled again with much more excitement.

Severus couldn't help but grin slightly to himself. He stood up slowly from his bed and walked towards him. He placed his hand on the cold doorknob and took in a deep breath before opening it.

"What came?" He questioned with a smirk on his face.

"My letter dad!" Calliope smiled widely at her father.

Severus knew exactly what she was talking about. There was no chance he couldn't know because it was the only thing Calliope had talked about for the last three months. Severus grabbed the letter out of Calliope's tiny fingers and opened it. He read the familiar handwriting that belonged to the headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Congratulations my child...you're going to Hogwarts." He smiled lightly.

Calliope was ecstatic. She dreamt of this day for years. She missed her father dearly when he had to return back to Hogwarts for the school years. Of course she went with him, but living inside of Hogwarts and not being able to be a student was like rubbing it in her face.

Severus walked towards the kitchen and began to pour himself a cup of coffee. He then opened the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs for breakfast. He looked over at his daughter still standing in the doorway and motioned for her to sit down. He turned on the kitchen stove and began by placing a few slices of butter inside of a pan.

The silence was deafening. The smile on Calliope's face never left, but she knew not to bother her father until after breakfast. She sat at the kitchen table with the letter in her hands.

"Dear Ms. Calliope Jane Snape,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry...

Yours Sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore."

She continued to read the letter over and over. Severus turned around and smiled once more.

"You do know that the words are not going to change right, child?" He said sarcastically.

Calliope giggled "I know, but I am just so excited dad!"

He walked towards the table and placed 2 eggs on her plate and placed 2 more eggs on his plate. Calliope watched as he quickly cleaned the pan in the sink and then took his place beside her at the table. The two began to eat their breakfast in silence. About five minutes went by and Severus noticed Calliope staring at him.

"May I help you?" He asked his daughter.

"Can we maybe...go get my wand today? Like you said?" She asked Severus as she gave him her begging eyes that always seemed to do the trick.

Severus looked her up and down and then looked outside the kitchen window. It was a gloomy day. It seemed as if the rain would never stop on Spinner's End. The last thing Severus wanted to do was travel to Hogsmead and purchase school supplies, but he also could not tell his daughter no.

Severus sighed to himself as he reminisced about the days before Calliope was in his life. He was known as the world's most stubborn man years ago and suddenly a four foot girl with dark hair and beady eyes came into his life and made him the world's most vulnerable man.