CAN EVERYONE STOP CALLING ME WEAK?

PERISHABLE

________________c h a p t e r  s i x t e e n

________________
c h a p t e r s i x t e e n

"Hey Sheriff, I bought cupcakes. For after the surgery of course," Carson smiles wide, holding up the case. Her dad had called her in the middle of a jog, knowing how important the sheriff was to her, so she came as fast as she could.

"This is why you're my favorite."

"I thought I was your favorite," Stiles turns to him.

"You don't buy me cupcakes."

"Ha," she teases, getting ready to walk out. "Good luck on the surgery!"

"Wait Carson," Stiles attempts to catch up with her, but gets interrupted by her phone ringing.

"Hey Lyds, what's up?"

"I need your help. Come to Derek's loft," she sighs.

"I'll be there in five minutes," she hangs up, turning back to Stiles. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

"Um, it's nothing. Well, not nothing, but- Go ahead, I'll see you later."

"Alright... later!" she walks off, ridiculously energized for this time of night.

______

"Okay, what's going on?" Carson walks in.

"My grandmother. She knew Meredith," Lydia announces.

"Okay. What do you mean?"

"She only came to the lake house once. But I think once was enough."

"How did she know her?" Derek asks.

"She didn't. She found her, because of another woman named Maddy. The woman she loved," she gets up, handing Scott a picture.

"I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies all over the lake house from all the regattas she'd won."

"How'd she die?" Parrish speaks up, Carson assuming they must have filled him in on the whole supernatural part of their lives.

"How's not the story. It's what happened right before. My grandmother, Lorraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM."

This struck Carson's memory for a moment.

"Woah. What was the patient's name? The one he wanted to help?"

"I can't quite remember. Started with an L? Maybe Laura? Lisa? No... Lorelei?"

"Lorraine..." Carson whispers.

"She was there on a weekend, catching up on work. She started hearing this sound, like rain. But when she looked out the windows... all she saw was blue sky," Lydia continues.