MAKING OUR FRIENDS HAPPY

MONSTROUS

_____________c h a p t e r  e i g h t e e n

_____________
c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

After getting some rest overnight, and an annoying level of doting from her father, Carson arrives at the hospital, looking for Melissa. She finds her outside of Stiles' room, as she lets in Malia.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Carson decides to give them some space, getting up from her spot.

"Are you sure you don't need anything for your hand? It's purple," Melissa points to her battered limb.

"I promise, although I'll try not to punch anymore psychos with it. It'll heal."

"Can I at least wrap it? It's unsettling to look at," she leads her to a room.

"I think it's pretty badass, but fine. Now about this internship... How many guys plan to intern this summer?"

"Carson, the hospital is not a dating website. And they're all college kids anyway."

"I'm dying here, Melissa. Teenage boys are annoying and weird."

"Yes, well, adult men are illegal and creepy. Find a new hobby."

In the meantime, Malia and Stiles stare at each other awkwardly before she breaks the silence.

"I heard you almost got killed."

"Are you okay?"

"Brunski punched me in the face. Turns out he was a serial killer."

"Makes sense."

"Yeah. What about you?" he raises his hand.

"We almost got set on fire."

"Everyone okay?"

"Basically."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I've been a terrible friend," he glances down at his shoes.

"Kind of. But I don't care anymore," she shrugs.

"Oh."

"You're a good person, I guess. I like being your friend, and I guess I can somewhat understand why you didn't want to tell me the truth," Malia states, trying to remember what Carson told her about being understanding the other night.

"Yeah, me too, and thank you, I guess."

"As your friend, I also think you should get back together with Carson."

"Okay, Malia-"

"When you like someone and they like you, you're supposed to be with them right? I didn't misunderstand that?"