MY ANCHOR WAS YOU

THE BENEFACTOR

_______________c h a p t e r  n i n e

_______________
c h a p t e r  n i n e

Carson sinks onto a couch, completely drained, only for it to get worse at the sight of Tyler.

"What do you want?"

"I'm here to party. You used to be Beacon Hills' number one party girl, dancing on tables, drinking games, all the works. What happened?" he wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"I was murdered by both of my exes, it tends to have a lasting effect," she shrugs his arm off.

"No, you wanted to die, didn't you?" he smirks.

"So what if I did?"

"Seems pretty weak to me. You're the opposite of weak. I would know, you kicked my ass."

"I've lost a lot Tyler. Including the five minutes of my life that I just spent talking to you in which I will never get back," she gets up.

"Also including your pathetic ex-boyfriend?" he smirks.

"What do you want?"

"Just to remind you of something. I mean why are you so surprised that he got over you so fast? All he ever wanted you for was to get over Lydia. It was probably a plus that you open your legs for anyone that calls you pretty," he taunts, effectively hurting her feelings. Tyler may not be able to get her to forgive him, but he knew exactly what to say to make her tick.

"You're gonna have to do a little more than call me a slut to get under my skin. Try a little originality."

"It's obvious, Car. Don't be so thick in the skull. You're easy to use, it's not your fault. But you will never mean as much to him as Lydia did or as Malia eventually will. You know that, I know that, he knows that," he whispers in her ear.

"Get the hell away from me," she elbows him in the stomach, making him double over in pain.

"Missed you too," he blows a kiss as she walks away.

Carson rolls her eyes, in search of alcohol. She spots a keg, but gets stopped by Stiles grabbing her hand.

"I'm really not in the mood-"

"It's Malia. The restraints are breaking, and she's not calming down. I need your help. Please," he pulls her to the basement.

"But I'm not a werewolf!" she resists, really not wanting to do this. She had no idea how to teach anyone control. She barely knew what she was doing herself.

"You have an anchor, right? I mean, you had to learn to control yourself?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Then help," he opens the door.