11. Mates

Caelan POV

My mate screams bloody murder at the top of her lungs and I wince at the sound as I try to calm her down with my hand over her mouth as I try to not let my long sharp claws touch her. She fights against my hold as I try with every muscle to not try and hurt her as I try to make her be quiet.

Her eyes roll to the back of her head and I feel her go limp in my arms.

I curse under my breath. Shit shit shit shit.

SHIT!

"Acela baby?" I shake her lightly but no response.

"Do not do this to me baby." I mutter out as I lay her on her sofa.

I start to pace as I try and calm my heart rate to get rid of my transformation and back to my 'normal' body. I lost control of my other side when she touched me and now my emotions and the bond are fighting to keep me in my form, but I can't fucking do shit like this. I can't even touch my mate without my sharp nails threatening to stab her straight through her delicate body.

"RION I need you, I need you fucking damn it! ANSWER ME." I snarl out angrily.

I walk over to my mate and put my head against her chest, making sure my horns do not get too close as I check for a pulse. My heart is beating out of my fucking chest.

She's breathing...

'WHAT DID YOU DO TO MATE'? Rion growls angrily at me and I couldn't be happier, he's talking to me.

"Now is not the time Rion! I need you to help me shift back, she passed out." I say frustrated.

Rion snarls at me and I snarl back.

My wolf lets me use my ability to control my shift and I slow my breathing and stare down at my hands and watch as my other form begins to slowly disappear, it's as if nothing ever happened if you don't notice my mate passed out.

'Is mate ok? I will kill you if mate is not ok!' Rion says angrily.

I sigh as I place my hand on my mate's forehead and close my eyes. "Acela, ara ake." (wake up) I say kneeling in front of her as she lays on the sofa.

Her eyes open and she gasps for breath wildly as she looks around the room until her eyes land on mine.

"Y-Your eyes." She tiredly mutters out trying to sit up.

I frown and hold her steady. "You need to take it slow, you passed out."

Her eyes go wide then she stares at me with a look that makes my heart clench.

Fear.

"You're not a w-werewolf are you." She stutters out as she tries to move away from my hold.

Fuck. I knew this would happen eventually. Everyone sooner or later has this reaction. "Acela, I need to tell you something.."

Her eyes go wild. "No SHIT! What else are you hiding from me?" She says angrily as she moves away from the sofa and watches me carefully.