3. Disturbed

Acela POV

I lay my head tiredly on my pillow after a long and super insane day that I spent with the Queen- or Sora she liked to be called when we were alone.

It felt good spending time with someone without it feeling like work.. just like my mom.. it brought back a lot of happy memories of spending time with my own mother before she passed peacefully away after struggling for so long.

After helping Elizabeth and Sora set the ballroom with a handful of staff we finally got every looking magical and perfect for the Prince and Princesses birthday celebration. I can't wait for tomorrow. I mean I will be working but I can still enjoy the faces of those who see the hard work I put into the event. I spent my weekend off so it would be perfect.

I just hope I did everything well..

The prince and the king arrived early in the morning but I heard they left as soon as they arrived for royal duties. Must be hard to be a royalty..  the more I spend around the queen the more I understand how hard it is.. I definitely could not do it every day without being overwhelmed.

My mother always said I spent too much time in my head and not around people- although it is true.. looking after my mother was a full-time job and I never had time for friends or memories... none of that mattered, I only wanted my mom to be happy in her last years and that alone made me happy.

Now she's gone I don't even know how to be happy without her. It's hard being alone without anyone to call family..

I am thankful for Mason, Irelia, Kristin, and Mort. I've known them for such a short time but we've become really close friends during my first week here, I couldn't wish for a better group of friends... even as old as they are, they are the first friends I don't want to lose.

Wiping my eyes I look at the time. 9 pm, it's not even late and I am super exhausted but I really need to do my laundry before I sleep.

Groaning I get up off the bed, put my long hair in a ponytail, and undress into something more comfortable to walk down to the laundry room in. I grab my laundry bag full of clothes, lock my door and make my way down the hall.

It's so peaceful at this time of night, everyone is either working or sleeping... perfect me-time without any more curious stares.

I notice a headlight from a car driving up to the palace, I stand and watch curiously, it's so dark I can't see who is inside. Perhaps they are back from Romania? The King and Prince..

I hear distant voices as the car door opens and I feel weird standing here.. like a stalker or something so I decide to take one last look at the barely recognizable figures standing in the dark before I turn and head towards the laundry room, laundry first then sleep.

Ugh, what I wouldn't kill for my bed right now. I feel my eyes drop with every passing moment. Putting my clothes into the machine I set the time and sit on the seat and wait.

Mhmm maybe if I close my eyes just a little? No, need to stay awake.. cant.. can't let anyone find me asleep in here.

It's completely empty and quiet, the only sound coming from the machine I'm using. I groan rest my head against my arms on the table in front of me as I grab my phone, 9:25. I have thirty minutes left on my wash and I'm losing the battle with my eyes.

"Is someone in here?" A deep voice says and I jolt up from my comfy position as I rub my eyes and stay quiet, damn why did he have to scare me away from my almost losing battle of sleep.

I hear the footsteps get louder as I finally see a man's dark brown set of hair on the opposite of the stacked machines. I don't see who is it from how far away we are and I don't think they see me either.