Epilogue | Past And Present

"Hey, wake up."

Keith slowly opened his eyes, a voice telling him to wake up staying around ever since he blacked out an hour ago. The first person he saw was none other than Jang Ka-Seong, in her pink shirt and orange skirt.

"Ah, you're finally awake. It's been a month since the Capital Building raid. How are you feeling?" she asked.

Keith examined her for a moment, before tearing up and hugging her by the stomach. He started crying out loud, Noah coming into the room. They were inside Keith's old house, in the bedroom.

"What's The One doing here?" Noah asked.

Ka-Seong turned to face Noah, and said, "Hey, I didn't allow you to get in the room!"

"Sorry! I couldn't hold back my curiosity!"

Just as Noah was about to leave, Keith said, "It's alright. Just stay. I have something to tell you, anyways."

"You two know each other?" Ka-Seong asked.

"Yeah. 7 years ago, Mu-Jin took all my memories away with a single punch, forcing me to change entirely into John."

"Wait. So the one who wanted to be my brother was..."

"That's right, Noah. Me."

"So I had The One's protection this entire time?"

"You had it, and you will still have it."

As Noah tried to realize what was going on, Keith got off the bed. He walked downstairs, and saw Mei placing a bit of food on a plate. She no longer looked like Fiolini, which was a new sight to him, and just as he turned around, Timothy hugged him from behind, saying, "You're now awake. Just gotta ask though, can you still turn into John?"

"Unfortunately, I have to say he's dead. I can no longer turn back into him."

"So you're going to be like this forever?"

"Until I actually die, yes."

"I see. Mei's cooking up some breakfast for today."

"I can tell."

Timothy let go, and said, "After we won against the soldiers, some of us moved here. All of a sudden, a few people started appearing in this place, and we let them stay."

"I didn't know you had bleached hair, Keith."

He turned and saw Charles, waving as he approached. "Man, that death was traumatic. Good thing we got back after a while."

"Oh, uh, bad news, Charles. That was 7 years ago." Keith said.

"Wait, seven years? How's Jin-Suk?"

"Calm down, calm down. Yes, it's been seven years since you died. Johnson died, but I think he should be back as a 20-year old, seeing as he survived the End of the World..."

"Hello kids!"

A man burst through the door. "Ah, Johnson." Keith said.

"Wait, he's 20 and I'm 13?" Charles asked in surprise. Timothy was backing away, seeing as he didn't have any more use in the conversation.

"Charles? You're alive now?"

"Yeah, now that I think about it, how did I get back?"

"I made a wish and it somehow came true." Keith said.

"That's cool."

Ka-Seong walked down the stairs, Noah following behind, and asked, "So, what do we do now?"

"Have breakfast, supposedly." Mei said, bringing a few plates to the dining table. Keith walked to the TV and switched it on, seeing the news.

"So, will The One wake up again? We have no idea, but-"

Keith switched the TV off as he got a great idea. He turned on his computer while his friends were talking in the background, and got to writing an email to the news agency. He even inserted a photo of himself as proof that he was awake again. Just as he hit 'send', Johnson looked at what he was doing, and said, "Who're you writing that to?"

"Oh, the news agency. They still think I'm asleep."

"Keith, are you crazy?"

Keith answered by switching on the news.

"And now for the wea- Wait." the news reporter said, trying to hear what the people offscreen were saying. The picture Keith sent in the email was then shown in the background as the reporter asked, "For real?"

"Be right back." Keith said, snapping his fingers. He appeared on the news for a moment, did the peace sign, then teleported back to his house. Everyone on the news was shocked, and the news reporter, a look of shock on his face, said, "That's an unexpected way to give some news. And now for the weather."

"Not like I had anything else to do." Keith said, leaving the TV on as he completely ate his entire breakfast.

Moments later, everyone gathered in front of Chaysin to investigate a mysterious portal that had opened up. All of Keith's friends, old and new, were there on the spot, including Major Theresa, with Keith leading them all.

"You better not be killed again." Keith said to Johnson, who was standing beside him.

"I won't, don't worry."

They smiled, and Keith turned around, saying, "You all sure you wanna go in?"

"I've asked, and they all agreed." Ka-Seong said, stepping forward.

"Alright."

Keith faced the portal, and shouted, "Let's go!"

Everyone cheered as they followed Keith into the portal. Little did they know, the portal was connecting other timelines...

Author's note:

i'd like to officially announce the start of a certain series called 'Stories of Kawali' (yes, i had no other ideas for a cool name)

before y'all will ask, yes, Stands Within and School of Elementals are included as series 1 and 2. this is series 3, and there will be a series 4.

until next time.

Hidden Soul (Stories of Kawali Series 3 Book 2)
End