4.2 | Mu-Jin

As he ran, Mu-Jin summoned 3 Crosses, 2 large, 1 small, and grabbed the small one by its top, using it as a sword. John blocked the reverse swing with his right hand and broke the large Crosses, allowing Mei to jump up and kick Mu-Jin in the face, sending him backwards a little bit. John followed it up with an elbow to the gut, then a punch to the left cheek, slamming him into the wall.

"You've gotten way stronger since we met last time." Mu-Jin said, summoning a total of seven large Crosses and making them levitate. Each one of them had a different color from the colors of the rainbow, excluding indigo and including cyan. "However, I've unlocked a devastating skill."

"What do each of them do?" Mei asked.

"He's not going to tell you. If you ask me, no matter the effect..."

Mu-Jin shot a laser from each of the Crosses directly at the duo.

"...they're still gonna be lethal. RUN!" John said, grabbing Mei and jumping back just as the lasers hit the floor. They both ran around the room, dodging blasts, ropes and lasers coming from Mu-Jin's direction, who was menacingly walking around.

"We'll have to risk ourselves if we want to just land an attack." Mei said, panting.

John put a shoulder on her just as the lasers started coming towards them, and said, "Now."

She waved her hand vigorously, and the lasers stopped. They ran without John releasing his hand, and once they got a sizeable amount away from them, he let go, making the lasers drop. Mu-Jin had stopped moving from the shock, and Mei charged in, about to attack. The former noticed a second earlier, and dragged the cyan Cross between him and Mei, conjuring ropes that came from the bottom and wrapped around her, dragging her down to the floor. John ran in, and Mu-Jin put a yellow Cross in front of him, making it conjure blasts everywhere.

John speedily cut the ropes holding Mei down before making a crack in the cyan Cross with a hard punch. He dragged it aside and punched Mu-Jin in the face just as he was about to get hit by the red Cross levitating towards him at high speeds, making all the blasts disappear while sending Mu-Jin to a side of the circular room. Mei dusted herself off as she got up from the floor, and as Mu-Jin tried to get up, she slammed her knee into his face, making him fall.

John turned around for a moment, and his eyes widened as he saw multiple Crosses, charging up a laser. A cyan one suddenly appeared, and grasped John with its ropes, before throwing him into the air and allowing the lasers to blast him.

Mei only noticed the moment the explosion happened, and Mu-Jin smiled, before slamming her in the face and jumping a few meters away from her.

"I've now taken down the strongest of your group. You hear that, raiders?!? John is dead!" he shouted.

As John fell from the smoke, Mei screamed.

Back at the tower, the group were still fighting against the oncoming soldiers. Not even the reinforcements could handle the onslaught. The people only managed to take down a soldier or two before being pushed back into the streets.

"We're about to lose here." Timothy said, already at the limit.

"They just keep on coming. Do they have like a type of cloner or something?" Alfredo asked.

Just as a blast was about to hit one of the group, it dissipated as a few soldiers fell. The group, however, also fell down, and as Timothy pointed at one of the soldiers, nothing came out.

"Huh? What's going on?" he asked.

Theresa started sweating intensely, and said, "The worst scenario to ever occur." She supercharged her Superpower ability at max power, and said, "Plan B. Fight with your bare hands and feet until either you drop or they drop. Go."