1.5 | Reunion

John folded the sleeves of his uniform as he started walking aimlessly along the corridor. Just a few steps later, Mu-Jin and his soldiers came through the corner.

"Oh hey Mu-Jin-"

"Fire."

Mu-Jin cut John off with an order in a much deeper voice, but the latter took down the front soldiers in no time. "Hey, that's no way to greet someone who looks up to you, right?" he said, standing in front of him.

"And that's no way to treat the army of the World Leader."

"You tried to kill me."

"You injured 2 soldiers."

"That was impulsive self-defense. I smack down people who threaten me."

"Then I'll kill you myself."

Mu-Jin stretched out his right hand, and formed a cross that headed straight for John. He did a kick, breaking it.

"Impressive. The only people whom I've seen break the cross are Johnson and Theresa. You must have The One's Legend Power, right?" Mu-Jin said, a grin starting to cross his face.

"I don't have any Legend Power, and my ability is basically useless. This is just pure skill." John said, crossing his arms. "Don't you notice something familiar, Jin-Suk?"

His last words straight up wiped the grin off Mu-Jin in an instant. "How do you know... my identity in the Old Ages?"

"And how is it that you identified that I had a similar strength to The One?"

They both stayed silent for a short while, before saying in unison, "It's been a long time."

"How's your tyranny been?" John asked.

"How's your hiding been?" Mu-Jin asked, looking a little annoyed.

They both stayed silent for a little while, before shouting, "DIE!"

Mu-Jin tried to slam the face of a Cross on John, but he destroyed it with another kick and used his left leg to kick him in the head, sending him into the wall of a classroom. He managed to get back up, and used his Cross to boost himself to his feet. He managed to land a punch to John's face, and followed up with a kick, sending him back a few meters. John charged straight in, doing a spinning kick to Mu-Jin's chest, slamming him backwards, then knocked down a couple more soldiers before the latter got back up.

"You're already this powerful without using an ability. Very well. I'll shift into overdrive, then."

Mu-Jin summoned a large number of small Crosses and slammed John with them. He paid no attention to his soldiers, a few of them having been caught up in his attack, only to notice them getting taken down 5 at a time.

"Keep firing. Don't stop until the kid's done for." Mu-Jin ordered. The soldiers started firing their guns at John, only for them to be disabled as John turned into Keith. Mu-Jin summoned multiple Crosses in front of him to defend himself, but it was useless, for Keith only had to tap it in order to shatter all of them. He then slammed Mu-Jin with his right fist, sending him straight into the wall at the end of the corridor.

"That punch was only 1% of my power, although the tap took 250%, and you get knocked back that easily?" Keith asked, approaching Mu-Jin. The latter got up just as the former got within 5 meters away from him, and said, "Seems like I have no choice but to nuke this place."

"Alright. Plan B." Keith said, kicking down the door of his classroom. He burst open all the windows, and connected his voice to the speakers, saying, "Everyone, I advise you evacuate from this place this instant. Jump out the window. There will be landing pads on the ground, so land on them and get as far away from this place as possible."

He felt the presence of people decreasing from the place, until there were only 52 people in the building. Himself, Mu-Jin, and the 50 soldiers the latter brought along. He then felt a missile approach, only to find 2 people entering the place.

"What the..?" he asked himself.

"What's going on? Trouble approaching?" Mu-Jin mockingly asked.

"Why the hell are there an extra two people approaching this place?"

All of a sudden, the wall behind Mu-Jin exploded, revealing Johnson and Theresa. "Ah, its the rest of the Big Three." Keith said, before falling to the ground as he turned into John.

"We've come to stop you right here." Johnson said.

"Let's leave those people out of the question first." Mu-Jin said, teleporting his soldiers and John to his facility with a snap of his fingers. "There we go. Now, what is it that you want?"

"Surrender."

Johnson created an assault rifle and aimed it at Mu-Jin's head. "Ah, the old times when you would still be under my care. Although, now, things have changed, and you've seemingly become more open." the latter said.

"More open to the feeling of killing you. Tell me, where did you put Keith?"

"In the old GOWA department. It's mostly used as a secret facility now."

"I see."

"However, now that you know where he is, you aren't getting out of here unscathed."

"We already destroyed the nuke."

"I didn't say it would be from the nuke."

A Cross appeared in front of Mu-Jin, and a laser was charging in the center of it. Theresa stepped in and blocked the attack for Johnson with her left arm, swiping away the smoke it created. 

"You may have outsmarted us, but we've outsmarted your outsmarting. The kids you wanted to kill have already escaped." Theresa said.

"Doesn't matter. I was only aiming for Keith, anyways."

"Wait, wha- ACK!"

Mu-Jin penetrated Johnson's stomach with a single punch, before walking away. "Seems like I don't need to deal with you any longer."

Theresa teleported away while holding Johnson, leaving Mu-Jin all by himself. "Seven years." he said, "It took seven years to be able to shoot a laser beam from my Cross, and it took seven years for Keith to improve a lot."

He paused for a moment, before continuing, "I also declared war on the entire world. But what's done is done. Nothing can change that, only my death."

He walked over to a table and picked up a history book. It showed the Colonization War, which happened 28 years ago; the Reestablishment, which happened 18 years ago; and the End of the World, which happened 7 years ago. It also had the Big Three and The One, with detailed explanations about each of the titles, along with who held it. "The One is very fragile in this state." he said to no one in particular. "Crazy power in exchange for a huge energy usage. He can only maintain that state for about 2 minutes before collapsing."

As he walked out, he swiped his black cape at a few oncoming missiles, blocking the attack. Just like Theresa, he swiped away the smoke, only to find an army waiting for him, holding guns made from Phoenix Fire. "The Rebellion, made from the members of GOWA who still wished to serve." he said. "You made a mistake bringing everyone here, Johnson."

He summoned multiple Crosses above the entirety of The Rebellion, before shooting lasers out of each of them. It hit nearly everyone, except for a few who were teleported away. "Damn. Now they're planning a revolution. I'll have to get stronger by then."