Chapter 6

I was shaking with fear but Eisuke calmed me down. He hugged me tight as if to protect me from my fears. It made my heart skip a beat. What is this feeling?? Am I in love? No, it can't be! But... I feel so comfortable with him.
Oh no! I'm in love with the guy next to me!

"It's okay now. Your fears are gone. And if it comes back, just hold on to this." He said as he handed me a small silver flower. It was quite heavy. Maybe it's pure silver.

I stared at it curiously.

"My fears..." I muttered.

But, there's something I fear the same as my phobias: ...Eisuke leaving me.

"I gotta go, Yukan."

Please don't go!

Before he could leave, I grabbed the end of his coat, and...

KISSED HIM!!!

I was surprised by my action. But the thing that surprised me the most is...

HE KISSED ME BACK!!

We both pulled back and both of us were surprised about what happened. Heart beating fast,--because of nervousness and... you know-- I mumbled, "Uh... I..."

Eisuke, on the other hand, turned back to his usual self and dismissed me. "I'll go." was his reply, then left the room.

~Time Skip~

There is an I.V.C. tonight, so my dad insisted that I go buy some dresses for me and Rui and have my hair done with Rui. Yeah, Rui and I are pretty close.

We entered a small shop-or so I thought. "Whoah...!" Rui exclaimed. A big store was spread before our eyes. Rui and I immediately search for a dress suitable for the I.V.C..

Rui eyed an off shoulder crimson red dress. She grabbed the price tag, and looked at it. She gave a sigh--probably an exasperated one--and searched for other dresses. "Is that what you want?" I pointed to the red dress that was hung on the wall.

"Yes, but I can already see my yearly salary flying." She said, pulling an aqua colored dress from the rack. She placed it back and pulled another one.

I said, "No worries. I'll buy it for you."

Rui stopped viewing the dresses on the rack, and looked at me, surprised. "R-really? Is that okay?"

"Yes, you're my friend. And that's what friends do."

After a few exchange of dialogues with Rui, the salesgirl led her to a changing room.

Rui came out and she looks more pale than usual. Not the "sick pale", but the beautiful one.

"Does it look good?" She asked, grabbing the ends of the dress and twirling in front of the mirror. "Yes, it does. You look gorgeous!" I exclaimed.

"Phew, I thought it was ugly." She breathed. "Now, your turn." she added.

Rui picked a black one shoulder lace dress, and pulled it up high so I can see it. "How about this? This highlights your curves." Rui advised, while inspecting it thoroughly.

Tss. Do I even have curves??

I shrugged, and murmured in a deep voice, "...Whatever." I took it from her hand, and changed into it.

"You... look... perfect!!" Rui exclaimed, hugging me as tight as she can.

Will Eisuke like it? N-no!

I sighed. "Hey, don't be sad. You look stunningly beautiful!" She complimented. Yes, I, myself, found it beautiful, but... how about Eisuke? It was one of things I worried about.