Chapter 4: Fate or Fake

I woke up in the same spot. The sky was the same color gray it always was. Virginia was boring, well except for the city. I always loved going there when I was little, and seeing the big buildings helped me gain imagination. I looked up and the boy was standing over me. "Are you alright?!" He asked urgently. "Yeah I'm fine. My nose just hurts like hell." I replied, slightly touching my nose. It burnt like my hands were fire and my skin was paper. "Ouch!" I yelled. "Here let me help you up and we can go to my house and get you some ice." He seemed nice, caring even.

His eyes stood out to me the most. They were a golden brown, I had never seen this color before. I knew I could trust him, he seemed like a good kid. But I wasn't about to go to just anyone's house and "get ice". I had no clue what this kid could be up to. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

"Helloo??" The boy waved his hand in my face trying to pull me out of my deep thinking.

"I'm sorry, what was your name again?" I was still a bit groggy but I could almost make out his perfect jawline and thick dirty blonde hair. God he was a piece of art.

"Matthew. And your name?"

"Amelia. Amelia Bridgewell." I held out my hand for some help up. His arms weren't very muscular, but the muscle he had beefed up when he was helping me off the ground.

"That's a beautiful name." He said with a smile. Jesus his teeth were perfect too! I couldn't find a flaw on this kid. Maybe going to his house wouldn't be so bad after all.

"So you have some ice? And maybe some towels?" I said with a chuckle. I laughed. What?! I haven't laughed in forever, much less smiled.

"Um yeah just follow me, it isn't too much further up."

We walked in silence to his house. It wasn't too big, but it was very pretty. The landscaping was done nicely and dozens of roses sat perfectly in his front lawn. "Your house is beautiful." I exclaimed. "Thanks. We just moved here a couple months ago." He smiled. We walked inside and he yelled to see if anyone was home. No one was.

He walked me over to his refrigerator and pulled out a bucket of ice. He got a plastic Baggie and poured ice into wrapping it nicely with a paper towel from one of his cabinets. He held it up to my nose for me and we had an exchange.

"There you go, that should do the trick."

"Thank you again. This is very sweet of you." I smiled once again.

"No problem. So where do you go to school?" He curiously asked.

"Farewell Academy. I know it sounds like a vampire school out of a movie, but it's actually pretty nice."

"No way! I just enrolled there! Maybe you could show me around?" He smirked a little.

"Yeah sure I guess." His voice made my heart skip a beat, man was I falling for this boy? No it couldn't have been, I had just met him.

"So do you come to the park often?" He asked.

"No I'm actually more of an indoor person." I rub the back of my neck, relieving some tension.

"Well we should hangout sometime. Do you live far?"

"No just up the hill." He makes me nervous just looking at him. I'm starting to wonder how I'm surviving this conversation.

"Well I should get going now. My mom might start to get worried." We all know that was a lie.

"Need me to walk you home or anything?" I wanted to say yes so badly, but I don't want to look needy.

"No I should be fine, thanks for the ice." I gave a small smile as I made my way towards the door. I'm about to open the door when I feel his hand grab my wrist.

"No hug goodbye?" His smile melts my heart. Why would he want to hug me? I probably smell like blood and depression.

"I don't kno-" he interrupts me.

"You wouldn't let me walk to home so at least let me get a hug from a beautiful girl!" He pulls me into a bear hug. For a second I don't do anything I just stand still. I mean I barely knew this guy and he's already being so nice? He lets go and says he'll see me around soon.

Walking home I had the biggest smile on my face. This should be interesting.