~Chapter 13~

Sapnap had only led us to the forest where the lake should be in and he had left us alone with the words: "Just walk straight forward, you should walk right into it.".

The midday sun was burning right on top of us and we welcomed the sudden cold of the tree's shadows as soon as we stepped into the woods. As we were walking a calming silence surrounded us. Until Dream decided to break it. "It's only us now, George...", he whispered, grinning at me.

I grinned too, shaking my head. "That is true, Dream. Just like the past few hours.". Dream chuckled. And for a second it was quiet again.

"That was fun.", he then said and I nodded. I knew that he had meant the tiny hunt from before. "True.", I said.

"We should repeat that some time."

"We should.", I looked up at him and saw him observing our surroundings. "Minecraft forests are creepy.", he then said. I looked around, too. "Why are they creepy?", to be honest they looked just like the forests I knew. As far as I knew we were in a birch, oak forest right now. Nothing new.

"I don't know. It's too quiet. There are no birds here. The only birds living inside of this world are living in the jungle. The trees all look the same and the variety of animals living here is strange.". He was right. It really was quiet. I don't think that I would have noticed that if he wouldn't have had brought it up just now.

"Yeah, it really is quiet here...", I mumbled, watching two pigs running away. "But that's perfect, you know?", surprised I looked up. "Why?", I asked. "Because now we have the lake all for ourselves...", he said, wiping away some leaves from a tree right in front of us.

I did not comment on his sentence. I stood there, breathless for a second. The lake looked beautiful. I have seen lakes before, of course I have. But this was better than everything I have seen before. The blue shimmering water was clear. Not a single drop of dirt made it change its color. The edges of the lake were even and even the lake itself went down evenly.

The sun made the water sparkle. It looked beautiful.

"This is awesome...", Dream whispered and stepped near the water. "Look, there are fish in it!", he then said and pointed towards something in the water. I smiled. "George, we need to go swimming!", he said enthusiastically, the charming, calm person from before was completely gone. Instead Dream looked happy and he was filled with enthusiasm.

"Come!", he said as he threw his pants, shoes, socks and t-shirt onto the grass, running towards the lake. I smiled uncomfortably. I tried to look away from him and his nearly naked body. I have seen him twice like this since he wouldn't sleep wearing more than his boxers. But every time it had been hard to not stare at him.

He had such a beautiful body. His figure was so well formed, his slight muscles breathtaking, his tanned skin beautiful...

I heard water splash right beside me and jumped to the side. "Come on in, George! The water is warm! Don't worry!", Dream smiled at me, letting himself fall into the slight waves of the blue lake. He was so comfortable with his body whereas I wasn't. I knew that I had no right to be ashamed of my body. I didn't want to go train in order to make it prettier. I knew that I had a normal body. A bit thin maybe. But still normal.

But I was ashamed of it, nevertheless.

But then I decided to step over my own line. When Dream could be as secure as he was then I could be too, couldn't I? We've known each other for years now. It was normal to know how the other one looked in his underwear, wasn't it?

"Geeoooorgeeee!", Dream yelled and when I looked up again, I saw him swimming on his back, on the other side of the lake. I was not able to see him in detail in the distance, but I knew that he had his eyes closed, enjoying the warm sun on his face.