~Chapter 21~

"Dream.", there was fear in my voice. A fear that came from deep inside of me. It was the fear of losing him. Losing my best friend to that cold self that he was in the smp. Losing him just because his real self wasn't able to keep up his control, hearing what Quackity had done to me.

I had known that I shouldn't have told him the story of my wounds. That I should have just stayed quiet. There was regret forming itself deep inside of my chest. Regret that his pleading voice had been able to make me talk. I had known that if i were to tell him, that would have a certain kind of effect on him.

I had thought that he would get mad or extremely depressed. Both things that were more than just bad and yet I had told him everything, having been beating by just one word. It was stupid and I couldn't explain myself why I have acted the way I had.

I mean, I've kept my explanations vague but nevertheless they had been precise enough for him to get mad enough and filled with enough hate to lose his control. These cold eyes that were observing me now were the same ones that had been observing me back when we've been inside of that sheep stall. Back when he had been standing there in front of me with that bloody axe in his right hand.

For a short second, the picture was there again, right in front of my opened eyes. The blood rinsing the grass, the remains of the sheep and Dream's face, smiling.

"I did it!", he said. "I killed it!"

He had been so happy about that kill.

It had been the first time that he had started to behave untypical. I blinked. And this was the second time, it seemed.

The Dream right in front of me wasn't the one that had entered this prison. This one behaved different than the friend that had entered this world together with me and everyone else. He was different, not completely lost though.

I knew that there still was a chance of my Dream returning. He knew that these people got controlled by their in-game personality. The smp Dream wouldn't have known that. But at the same time his whole demeanor had started to resemble the demeanor that fitted the smp Dream, telling me that he had lost his control at least partially.

"No, George.", to hear that disappointed voice hurt me. It gave me the feeling that I had done something wrong, even though I knew that I haven't. His disappointment rooted inside of his opinion that I have changed. Something that must be part of the other Dream taking over.

The other Dream thought of me as the friend that followed him, as the friend that was loyal and understanding. I understood that the other Dream would think that I have changed, even though in reality he had been the one changing.

"Dream, please don't let the other Dream take control.", I tried to stand up, too, just because I felt the need to. I thought that standing up would give me new ways of making sure that my Dream stayed. But the moment I tried to use the tired and worn out muscles of my body they started screaming in pain, causing me fall back to the ground.

I hissed, despised myself for being this weak.

"I am sorry, George. I have to.", Dream watched me with an expression that confused me. There was a sad look inside of his eyes but as soon as I noticed, it vanished, leaving back eyes that were literally spelling the word 'madness'.

The confusion inside of me grew only bigger the moment I tried to understand his sentence. He was sorry? Why would he be sorry?

And then I realized.

He had done this on purpose.

My eyes widened.

He had given up his control on purpose!