Anise Fletcher

"Wait! Where are you going!" Eliot called out.

"Come and find out!" the voice answered back.

The voice appeared to be muffled by the roaring currents of the river, that ran for miles. There wasn't any leaves in sight, who flew among the winter wind. Even with bare trees, Eliot still managed to get lost in the woods. He no longer were able to hear the calling voice either. Without hesitation, Eliot retraced his muddy foot steps that were left engraved within the dirt. But there was something strange, because there was also another pair of footprints engraved right next to his. He could of sworn that no one was following him, I mean if there was, wouldn't he noticed? The footprints were a bit smaller than his, probably a female's. Eliot rubbed his tired eyes in hope that it was just an hallucination, but they were still there. Then it finally clicked. It could have been the footprints of the girl's voice. The voice did somehow fit with the footprints. But this couldn't be, she couldn't have been following Eliot. This wasn't some normal girl… She must have been some ghost, a fantasy, hallucination?

"Are you just going to stand there?" the voice snickered softly.

A gust of wind sliced through Eliot's skin. He focused back on the voice, and the only glimpsed he saw from her was her dark brunette hair as she faded away.

________________________________________

Eliot's body shot up like a bullet, his hair was drenched in sweat, his palms were clammy and shaking uncontrollably and his heart was racing as if he were to finish running a full marathon. He laid his head back onto his pillow, how could it just be a dream? Never has it happened that left Eliot beclouded like this before. It was one of the few dreams that he was able to remember even after waking up. He peeked over his shoulder, there was only ten minutes til nine in the morning, and it was Saturday. As he swung his legs over the edge of the bed he pulled his shaken body into an upright position. Maybe a shower would clear Eliot's head. Eliot tiptoed to the front door with his small bucket of shower supplies and his towel under his open arm, and closed the door shut as quiet as he could, just to be considerate to Dave, who was unconsciously whispering secrets into his pillow. There was a few other guys lounging in the dorm's kitchen eating their breakfast. The smell of the bacon and eggs circulated the area. The bathroom was around the kitchen, a few doors passed the other neighbor's rooms. The door was open just a smidge, the bathroom was empty but there was still fog covering the mirrors that were aligned halfway through the bathroom.  He stripped off his clothes and entered the empty shower that was in the corner.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie." Eliot softly sang.

To be on the safe side, Eliot peeked out of the shower curtains. No one was in sight.

"YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN'T DENY, THEN WHEN A GIRL WALKS WITH A ITTY BITTY WAIST, AND A ROUND THING IN YOUR FACE, YOU GET SPRUNG!"

"What the hell?" a random voice interrupted.

Eliot momentarily paused, the bar of soap slipped between his fingers. Once again, he poked his head out of the curtains, slowly. There was a group of guys with their phones recording the whole scenario, most of the guys were the same ones eating their breakfast.

"Hey… fellas." Eliot awkwardly greeted his audience.

No response. There was pure dead awkward air that surrounded, only the sound of water droplets falling out of Eliot's shower could be heard. Either Eliot was singing like a dying whale that made everyone so speechless, or the fact that he was singing I Like Big Butts by MC Hammer that left them mute. Eliot's face grew hot with embarrassment…

"Umm, I'm just going to go finish up here… So uh yeah, here I go." Eliot retreated back into the curtains.

"WANNA PULL UP TOUGH, CUZ YOU NOTICE THAT BUTT WAS STUFFED, DEEP IN THE JEANS SHE'S WEARING!" everyone else decided to sing along.