Chapter 12

TW - miscarriage

This one is a bit of a sensitive one. I wanted to do something different from people always getting pregnant and getting there happy ending. Miscarriage is something which isn't spoken about enough and is quite personal to me. Please be kind <3

Chris sat in his trailer, his head was spinning so fast he could almost throw up. Tears rolled down his face.

He hadn't spoken to Y/N since the night he slept with her. His anxiety had kicked in and he'd convinced himself it wouldn't work. She didn't want anything, it was just a one night stand, so he'd left. He'd seen her text the next day, and presumed she wanted to talk and tell him the night meant nothing and decided he wasn't going to go.

He'd thought about her every day since, the way she made him feel was...different. She never once made a fuss because of who he was, never once even acted like he was famous. To her he was just Chris and that was what he loved. But he'd bottled it. A beautiful girl had texted him the next day to see when they could meet for coffee, maybe she genuinely wanted to spend time with him? Maybe it wasn't to reject him a second time? Maybe that was his change to fight for his change with her? Sebastians words span in his head "Not interested doesn't mean can't be persuaded". What if that was his only chance? But he didn't take it. He was a wimp and never once texted her back, and he knew deep down she probably hated him for it.

There was a knock on his trailer, and Sebastian walked in looking guilty.

"Hey man..."

"How long had you known?" Chris snapped, not looking up at him.

"A week, she only found out last week" Sebastian explained.

"Why didn't she call?"

"You ghosted her man... she was coming round to you. Falling for you even, and you ghosted her. She thought if she told you, you'd think she was lying or trying to get back at you. She could afford to do it on her own, she wasn't about to give a chance to be a Mum up after everything she'd been through"

"She was falling for me?" Chris asked with tears in his eyes.

"Dude I told you, she could be persuaded. She's been hurt before, she's been through a lot... she needed someone like you to show her love is out there. To love her for who she was, not what she made. You were perfect for each other, we all saw it. But both of you were too stubborn to just go on a date and see how it went. Instead you let the tension get to you and you slept together, before you bolted it out the door" Sebastian explained.

"Fuck" Chris said.

"Look Chris... Tom just called from the car with an update, his Mum just called...I don't know how to tell you this, I'm so sorry" Sebastians heart broke, seeing his two closest friends in so much pain.

*The next day at the hospital*

Y/N slowly began to open her eyes. The pain was all over her body. She felt sore and bruised. One of her eyes barely wanted to open. She looked down and noticed scratches all over her body.

"You're awake"

She looked to her right and saw Tom sat holding her hand.

"Tom?"

"Hey it's okay, I'm here"

"But how -"

"I flew over the minute I heard, you were in surgery for a while, lucky you didn't break anything. There was some internal bleeding but they managed to stop it" he smiled weakly.