Chapter 18

A week later Y/N and Chris had been texting most days, and met up for a coffee a few times. It was Saturday evening and the day of Y/N's 30th birthday. Y/N has spent the morning grabbing coffee with Tom, before an afternoon of tidying and preparing some food.

Y/N was stood at the kitchen island chopping some vegetables and making a salad when the doorbell rang. She checked the time, it was only 5.30pm and she wasn't expecting anyone until 6pm. She grabbed a towel and wiped her hands as she walked to the door, opening it to find Chris stood smiling.

"You're early" she remarked.

"Yeah... I wanted to see you" he said shyly looking at his shoes.

"Aw, that's sweet. Come on in, I'm just making salad"

Chris followed Y/N back into her home, watched her summer dress flow over her thighs. The straps on her shoulders accentuating her toned back. He smiled to himself, thinking how lucky he was.

"Happy birthday beautiful" he said wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and giving her a kiss on the cheek as she continued chopping.

"Thankyou handsome" she smiled as she turned around to face him.

"Okay I think you should put the knife down" he laughed taking it from her hand and placing it on the counter.

"I actually came early for a reason" he smiled.

"Chris... I thought we said we were gunna wait" Y/N laughed.

"No no, not that" Chris laughed. "God the others will be suspicious when they get here" he laughed remembering the group chat.

"Okay so if you don't want that what did you want" Y/N laughed.

"I thought I could give you your present early" he smiled, taking a rectangular box from his pocket and handing it to her.

"Chris I told you, you didn't have too"

"It's your 30th birthday Y/N, of course I did" he chuckled.

Y/N opened the box to be met with a charm bracelet. It had four charms on it. One had 30 on it, another was a star, another a key and the last one an angel.

"Chris it's beautiful" Y/N said with a smile.

"It has meaning... the 30 is obvious, the star is because you're my light, the key is the key to my heart and the angel..." he trailed off for a moment before taking a deep breath. "The angel is our baby, forever in our hearts"

Y/N couldn't speak, the tears were flowing down her cheeks. Chris gently brushed them away cupping her cheek.

"C-Chris it's -"

Chris cut her off with a passionate kiss, knowing she was crying happy tears. They stood in the kitchen for a moment, lips moving in a perfect dance. He lifted her onto the kitchen counter, and stood between her legs as his hands wondered through her hair. He began leaving a trail of kisses along her jawline and down her neck, receiving a small moan of pleasure from her.

"Party has arrived!"

Suddenly the two were broken apart, Chris stepping back and Y/N jumping off the counter before anyone could see them.

"Happy birthday!" RDJ smiled giving Y/N a hug, followed by Tom H, Scarlett, Chris H, and her brother.

"Thanks for coming guys" she smiled as they each helped themselves to beer.

"Told you Chris would be early" RDJ gave a wink as he passed them both.

Y/N blushed as she straightened her dress, giving Chris a shy look. He picked up the bracelet from the box and helped her put it on her wrist. She looked up and him and smiled. He was the one for her and she knew it.