Dr Flug x Black Hat {My Dear (Part 3}

Requested by: no one
Type: angst
Warnings: self blame, drinking, negative thoughts
Note: Black Hat hears the heart breaking news, and blames himself, he struggles to adapt to the new environment without Dr Flug. Let's see what happens next.

Black Hat's POV

"Black Hat?" Kenning asked me.

"Yes?" I replied softly.

"What do you fear most?" He asked, out of the blue. We were currently stargazing on our backs, on the rooftop of the mansion. I look over at Kenning, the moonlight faintly reflects off his soft brown hair. I look back at the stars, tracing a random shape with my imagination. I hum to myself, thinking.

"Not really anything." I mumble. "Why?" I ask. "I don't know, small talk." He says. "But I can tell you right now.." he begins. "One of my biggest fears, is losing you." This time when I looked at him, he looked back at me. Kenning smiled. "You've been so generous to me, even though things have been really tough with money and clout lately, you've always managed to stay with me. So I'm going to return you a favor, and stay with you, forever." He explains, making my cold, stone heart, beat with a hint of warmth. "I'd have nothing without you.." he smiles, and looks back up at the stars. "I don't ever want to lose you, but I'll have you know, you'll never lose me."

"But I did." I grumble, taking another gulp of vodka. "Son of a bitch.. don't make a promise you-," I hiccup, "can't f-fuckin keep, dammit..!" I hold my hand to my eyes, trying to keep them from leaking tears. "Why did it have to be you..?! Why..?! Tell me, Kenning..! Tell me, god dammit..!" My heart ached, and my eyes were throbbing from the amounts of tears they've let go. I continue to cry, I've been doing this for all night. I take another swig. I put the bottle down, and put my head in my hands. I carelessly drop the bottle on the floor, and search for another one. Even if I can't die, I'll do anything to be as weak as a human. I wipes my eyes, and rub my temples. I hate this kind of pain, the pain of loss. I want to see Kenning, my darling Kenning. He was so sensitive, but yet so intelligent. I can't believe he let me walk all over him. I can't believe he never stood up for himself one bit. I can't believe I didn't stop abusing him after immediately knowing it bothered him. I shouldn't have given him that paper, I should've torn it to shreds and burned but in the fireplace. I wish I had seen it beforehand. If only I hadn't fucked up, Kenning would still be here. He'd still be working his intelligent ass off.. this is all my fault.. if only.. if fucking only.. if only I hadn't given up to his beautiful eyes and heartbreaking, cracky voice, he'd still be with me, and Demencia, and 5.0.5. I let my nails dig into my skin, as I embrace myself, I felt myself bleed, but I'd never care, who knows how brutal Kenning's death was? Probably intense. My entire body was trembling. It had been a few hours since the news was given, and I haven't stopped crying since. I felt like I was going to die, as I wanted. I've never had such intense feelings before.. There was a knock on the door, and then it opened. I see Demencia and 5.0.5, they weren't too happy after the news either, especially 5.0.5. He was whimpering, and Demencia had puffy eyes. I thought I'd never see her with such negative emotion. She sniffled.

"B-Black Hat.." she said as they walked in. 5.0.5 followed her, still whimpering. I sighed, and opened another bottle, taking a large gulp from it. I released, as I let out a long sigh with a hiccup. Demencia put a hand on mine. "Stop drinking.. you've had enough..." she sniffled. She wiped her eyes. 5.0.5 hugged us really tight and close. Demencia pet his fur, while I stayed still. "God.. it'll never be that same here.. without nerd.. there's no.. joy..." She cried.

"Stop.." I mumbled. I wipe my eye, and slip out of 5.0.5's embrace. I sit back down, and grab the bottle, chugging the rest. Demencia stared at me, and sighed, shaking her head. She hugged my head to her chest. I remained frozen. I turn my head, so my face wasn't.. in a perverted position. She sighs.