Ch.1 let him be salty

Hi! so for those who dont know, we had to move the fanfic from my personal account to a shared account with the other author so I'll be posting all the chapters that where already posted originally. Enjoy :)

What happens if the king of a kingdom dies before their son is ready to take over? They can either force their son to take over at whatever age they are or the queen will rule until the future king is ready.

Two nearby kingdoms both lost their kings before their first-born sons were at the right age, both queens found out about the other's situation and found it better to arrange a marriage between the families and combine the two kingdoms, since one of the two first-born sons weren't ready to become king.

In the first kingdom the royal family consists of a mother, an older son, a younger daughter, and two younger twin girls. The eldest son and daughter were out in the garden picking flowers to place in vases all around their castle.

"When I become king, there's going to be a whole day where kids and teens can hang out and do whatever they want without worrying about responsibilities!" Reki chuckled as he picked a rose from the bush.

Koyomi glanced over at him, "you really hate responsibilities that bad huh?"

"...Yeah, they're not fun."

"Ok well you didn't understand the question though," she straightened up and repeated her question, "When your king, what will you do for your people? Answer in complete sentences."

"I don't know...help in any way?"

"Wow you're really going to fail the test tomorrow to see if you're ready to become king."

"You don't understand what kind of pressure I'm under!" Reki looked down at his feet, "Especially with what mom has been saying recently..."

"But you know she's right. You aren't ready to be king yet."

They stayed in silence for a moment as they both continued to pick roses from the bush. Reki picked one and stared at it then broke the silence.

"When I'm king...I will make it easier for anyone who is lower class to find jobs..."

"That's a better answer, but how would you do it?" She picked the rose from Reki's hand and placed it in her basket.

"I don't know!" Reki placed his hands on his head from frustration.

Koyomi sighed, "back to square one it seems..."

"Koyomi! Your mother is asking for you. And Reki we need to talk!" A young guy who seems to be in his early twenties, stood a few feet away from them.

"What could Cherry want?" Reki asked his sister. She shrugged and made her way back into the castle. Reki walked up to Cherry and they talked a few feet behind Koyomi.

"What is it?" Reki asked, looking at Cherry.

"You won't need to take the test anymore."

"Why not?!"

Cherry pointed to Koyomi, "What do you think the queen, your mother, wants to talk to her about?"

"I-I don't know..."

"I'd advise you to eavesdrop. Just don't tell anyone I'm allowing it."

Reki nodded and followed his sister into the castle. She walked up the stairs to her room where her mother would be at. Reki waited a few seconds before rushing over to the door to listen in.

"Koyomi, you know about the neighboring kingdom's situation, right?" Masae, the queen and their mother, asked. She sat on Koyomi's bed and waited for an answer.