Chapter 11

Christmas was just around the corner, usually, the village would hold a festival but now seeing the village destroyed, Athena would be spending her Christmas at her house with her animals. She didn't mind, she would rather things calm, as much as she enjoyed the festival, it would get very hectic very fast which is too much for Athena's liking.

One cold morning, Athena was heading out to the field, wanting to gather some ingredients for some Potions. Packing everything she needs, dressing extra to stay warm. Giving her cat and Owl one last pet before she headed off towards her horse.

She hasn't gotten that many letters from either The Order or Draco, which was okay, as it's only been a couple of weeks since the Village and Him being there.

Hopping onto her horse, they were off.

~{☾}~

Her horse always loved coming to the fields, having so much room to run around. This time he stayed by Athena's side, guarding her while she got the things she needs. Athena had her hood on, it's a habit to have it on – doesn't matter what the time or the weather it was outside, she always had it on.

As she was getting some things by the pond, when she heard leaves crunching, thinking it was the horse she continued to work, that was until she felt her horse bump his head on her back telling her to be alert. Athena stands up straight, wand out just in case. Hearing the crunching coming even closer, "They are coming to me!". Quickly jumping on her horse, casting a charm making them invisible.

One hooded figure comes out of the bushes, looking around. Athena pats her horse, calming it down as they watch the figure look around. The figure took off its hood, making Athena clench her jaw, hopping down from her horse, lifting the spell of invisibility, pointing her wand towards Hermione Granger.

"What are you doing here Granger?" Athena asks, pointing her wand at Hermione, who has her hands up showing Athena she means no harm. "I-I'm sorry... I know you must be angry, but it was the only way..." she trailed off. Athena stepped forward, "What did you do?" she asked Hermione, who was starring at the ground instead of her eyes, "W-we have been tracking you..." she whispered – hoping Athena didn't hear - she did.

She wasn't happy.

"You've been what?!"

Hermione flinched with the loud tone Athena had in her voice.

"I'm sorry... I just needed to know if you were on our side..." Hermione explained. Athena clenched her hands, feeling the winds around them pick up, "You brought me on a mission... but you didn't think I was on your side?!".

"I- just needed to know... if you were secretly meeting-" Athena cut Hermione off, "God... Granger... seriously?!" Athena rubs her hands on her eyes. "I-I needed to know-" Hermione tried again to explain. "No! You didn't need to know! You think you do just because you want to know where I live!" Athena is now yelling, she doesn't care about hiding, about acting normal.

"There were rumors and I wanted to make sure they weren't true", Hermione said. "So you decide to invade my privacy?!". She wanted to hunt down the Order members and Obliviate them. "They weren't... then I needed- no... wanted to know if the other rumors were true..." Hermione said, Athena turned to her, confused. "What other rumors?" she asked. "That maybe you are the chosen one..." she explained again, Athena scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, God..."

"Seriously? The chosen one?!" she said shaking her head, Hermione started to raise her voice as well, trying to get Athena to understand her motives. "Yes! If we would've known back at Hogwarts, we could've helped each other and beat him" she explained, Athena shook her head, "God, I would've been caught dead if I was ever seen with you guys, especially with the chosen one" Athena said rolling her eyes, "They don't get it..." she thought. Hermione takes a step closer to Athena, making sure to keep their distance from each other. "Athena... Harry wouldn't have let that happen..." she tried to explain, but Athena wasn't listening, turning around and walking away.