Chapter 33

It's been a couple of days since Athena found out the truth, she hasn't left his room at all. Draco or one of the elves would bring her food and books. She doesn't mean to be so distant from everyone, she's trying to process everything she found out.

It's been a hard couple of days.

She would stay up overthinking, thinking about the things she could've done differently when she first got letters from the Order, thinking about the responsibility she might have to take up – killing the Dark Lord.

She wants to, wants this war to be over, but she can't – she knows she won't be able to handle the pressure of saving everyone.

The only way to defeat him is having greater power, which she has.

But she fears it.

Realizing she's thinking about it again, she snaps out of her overflowing mind. Turning back to her book, feeling Draco's eyes on her.

Athena feels bad for Draco, having to put up with her after so many years, that she doesn't know how he can do it – dealing with her. "I would've dropped me a long time ago..." she thought to herself.

She hears him get up from where he was sitting, she continues to try and focus on her book – thinking he was leaving the room.

Instead, he walks towards her, standing in front of her, holding his hand out for her to take. Looking up at him, seeing the small smile on his face, she takes his hand, letting him pull her up until she is standing in front of him. Without saying a word to each other, Draco took her hand into his, while the other one around her waist – her hand going around his neck.

They slowly started to dance together.

No music playing.

Just them.

Together.

Athena's overbearing thoughts stop as she stares into Draco's eyes.

He knows how to shut her mind up.

"Don't think like that... ever..." he whispers, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead, "I will always put up with you..." he teased.

Athena rolls her eyes, leaning her head on his shoulder, becoming more relaxed. She smiles softly at a memory of them, in their 4th year, dancing in the astronomy tower after she called it a night at the Yule Ball.

"What are you smiling at?" he asked, she lifted her head to look at him. "This reminds me of us in 4th year after the Yule Ball... when we danced together...".

He lets out a breathy laugh, smiling at the memory of them. "We were so young then...", Athena smiles shaking her head, "We barely knew each other..." she laughed at how they didn't know each other at all. "Something was telling me to dance with you, so I did..." he explained, "I'm glad you did..." she whispered, looking up at him.

He looked down at her, leaning in to kiss her.

Pulling away, "I'm glad I did too..." he said before going back in to kiss her.

Pulling away from each other, tightening their arms around each other. They continued to dance, enjoying each other's presence. Athena thinks back to that night.

They had no idea how much that night changed for both, they have gotten closer, and closer after that night – many years later they are still together, been through thick and thin.

Leaning her head on his chest, wrapping both arms around his neck, feeling his arms go around her waist. "I'm sorry for how I have been the past couple of days..." she apologizes, she's been distancing herself from him, not even realizing she was at first. "It's understandable... you needed time to process everything and I let you have that time..." he dismisses her apology.