Chapter 39

Snape watches the boy leave, seeing his tense shoulders loosen as he continues to walk towards the room Athena is in. He closes the door. Sighing as he turns to the box full of journals written by their old headmaster.

"What else have you kept from me..."

Snapping out of his thoughts once he heard a knock on the door. Turning towards it, to see Narcissa peek her head in.

They make eye contact. Before she shifts her eyes over to the box, narrowing her eyes – she opens the door fully and walks in. Lucius right behind her softly closes the door.

Narcissa quickly walks over to the box of journals, gasping when she sees her family's name as well as Athena's. She hesitantly picked up the Malfoy journal, flipping through the pages, "He knew all about us..." She whispered; eyes widened as she turned to the two men. "H-He knew everything... all the lies... all the secrets... our home life..." she muttered, "He knew what we were doing... every minute of every day...". Handing the journal to Lucius for him to read. "Why did he do this..." he asked, Snape shrugged. He had no idea Dumbledore was keeping journals with information about their lives.

"This is disgusting... creepy..." Narcissa grumbled. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Dumbledore knew personal information about their family – Athena's family.

"My poor girl..."

Narcissa was holding Athena's journal, the journal that held the dark secrets of her past, of her home life. Narcissa could feel the guilt, regret, and sorrow taking over as she thinks about Athena's past, and how she could've done something – could've loved her correctly.

Not the way those monsters did.

"Dear..." she heard her husband call out to her, turning towards them, she didn't realize she was gripping the journal. Taking a deep breath in, she loosened her hands – gently placing the journal down on the table.

"We need to tell the others..." Lucius trailed off. Both parents saw the look on their son's face when he walked past them.

Snape nodded, looking over at Narcissa.

Narcissa looks at them, with a knowing look, "I'll go get Draco and Athena...".

~{☾}~

Quietly laying on the bed, reading one of the many books Draco has. The boy, lying next to her, on his back – staring up at the ceiling, twirling his wand around his fingers. A knock on the door made them both jump.

Narcissa opens the door, a soft smile on her face. Athena smiles back but slowly fades, as Draco stares at his mother, with no expression.

"Come on... we have to show you something..." she whispers, walking out.

Draco gets up, sighing.

Athena sat on the bed, confused, "Draco... what is she talking about..." she asks, but he ignores her. Athena hurries after him, grabbing his arm – before he walks out of their room. "Did something happen..." she asks again, looking into his eyes, seeing his tense features. Athena opened her mouth to say something but was stopped by the tense boy – who placed a soft kiss on her lips. His hand resting under her chin, his thumb rubbing the side of her face.  "Come on darling...". His hand that was resting on her chin, dropped to her hand.

They walked to the meeting room. Athena looked around to see everyone, Pansy, Theo, Blaise, Lucius, Narcissa, and Snape.

"Draco and I went to Hogwarts to find answers... we found a lot more than answers..." Snape trailed off, watching Draco's body tense up as everyone looked at him. He didn't say anything else but directed the attention over to the table of journals.