Chapter 2

For years after that, Sunny and Starflight met up at that spot every day, Starflight slowly learning how to speak. Sunny had introduced him to scrolls which she stated he had a strange attachment to. Over time she slowly introduced him to the others, Clay, Glory, and Tsunami. They always kept him a secret from the nightwing, Phantom, however, they didn't seem to trust him that much. So Starflight was a secret between the four of them... until Dune found out. by some miracle, he agreed to keep quiet on one condition; Starflight couldn't in any way help the dragonets leave, which they all agreed to. Sunny had figured out over time that Starflight had abilities that Phantom had never received, abilities that, based on the scrolls, all nightwings were meant to have; Mind Reading and Future sight. They kept this between each other and constantly discussed the war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny looked up at Starflight "So lets try to go over this one more time, yeah?" 

Starflight nodded from outside of the sky hole "In half of the timelines with the three sisters they rule normally no matter who wins, but then the other half is split into thirds, in Blaze's an assassin nightwing is sent after her once she becomes queen, in Blister's the rainwings are completely wiped out and the nightwings move to the rainforest, and in Burn's the war continues, she forces everyone to fight..."

"None of those are good... are there any others?" Sunny asked sounding sad, which made Starflight sad.

"Some where the war goes until 2 of the sisters die from age,  some where the whole tribe falls apart and doesn't get a queen, and some where some dragon named Thorn takes the throne..."

"That last one sounds good." Sunny exclaimed "Can you find any more from that path or around it?"

Starflight shut his eyes and rubbed his head a bit "Unfortunately not... its all just blurs... except that she lives in the Scorpion Den..."

"That's fine..." Sunny mumbled "Maybe if we can find Thorn we can guarantee a happy ending?"

"That would seem reasonable, she wouldn't appear in my visions if she didn't have some importance..."

"So its a plan! We find out who Thorn is after we leave the cave! I overheard Clay and Tsunami talking about escape, so we'll be out of here soon!"

Starflight nodded but froze when he heard someone clear their throat.

"Well then... look what the cat coughed up..."

"Dune?!" Sunny yelped as she turned around.

"I know what you're planning... don't try to deny it."

"I- We- Bu-" Sunny stammered.

"I want in..." Dune said abruptly. Sunny and Starflight went silent at they stared at him in awe. "I want to get out from under this mountain as well... plus I can take you to Thorn, I once knew her but she'd probably have me killed the moment I enter the Scorpion Den..."

"Huh? Why would she do that?" Starflight tilted his head.

He sighed "Because I stole her egg for the prophecy... I took Sunny..."