Chapter 5

Sunny threw her wings protectively in front of Starflight as he shrunk behind her, clutching his head in pain from all of the thoughts racing through everyone's heads and the hundreds of possible futures.

Glory hissed at him "Call me beautiful again and you are going to regret it..."

Deathbringer just chuckled "Alright then beautiful..."

Glory twitched, a few of her scales pink but most staying deep red as she snarled. 

"You are not taking them..." Dune growled "My job is to keep them alive and help them end the war, now move aside."

"Ah shucks, I would love to, buuuuuut I've got orders, and I don't want to end up in a dungeon, nobody has to die, just hand over the sanwing, seawing, mudwing , and nightwing! And while we're at it I could just take the rainwing too... not to turn her in or anything..." Deathbringer chuckled as he twirled the chakrams in his talons "But seriously, I'd rather do this without killing you, Dune..."

"What does Morrowseer even want with them? We know how to stop this war and we are going to do it!" Dune roared as Deathbringer sighed.

"You shouldn't be this mad at me... after all... I'm the whole reason your little six taloned friend decided to go to the Scorpion Den..."

Dune went silent then glanced at the dragonets then took a deep breath "We all go with you... take it or leave it..." 

"Well..." Deathbringer started "That is an option, but you and Glory, wonderful name by the way, excellent choice, would be killed on the spot..."

Starflight groaned in pain "Deathbringer... don't... listen to orders... bad path..."

Deathbringer just stared at Starflight "What's that supposed to mean? If I don't follow orders I end up in lava."

"I can see it... you'll be safe... just don't fo-llow..." Starflight held his head as he started to cry, Sunny wrapped her wings around him and tried to comfort him. Deathbringer looked at each of them one by one.

"I-" he was cut off by a whoosh in the air as a spear cut through the trees and dug directly into Clay's wing as he roared in pain and at least 8 nightwings emerged from the trees, one bashing Tsunami on the head with a rock, knocking her out instantly.

"I knew I couldn't trust you Deathbringer, I always knew you would go soft..." One of the biggest nightwings with a face that looked like it had melted hissed.

"Vengeance you're always jumping to conclusions..." Deathbringer sighed.

"Whatever, we have them now..." Vengeance snarled as 2 nightwings pinned Dune down, another 2 pinned Clay, and Sunny, Starflight, and Glory were all pinned by 1 each as Vengeance slung the unconscious Tsunami onto his back "Alright Deathbringer, if you ain't no traitor then why don't you kill the two we don't need?" He motioned to Glory and Dune.

Deathbringer contemplated, looking afraid and unsure.

"P-lease..." Starflight gasped under the weight of the nightwing.

Deathbringer took out two chakrams, examined them with a sceptical expression, then flung them directly at the necks of two nightwings who were on top of Dune and Glory, killing them instantly as their heads started to fall off. 

The nightwings on top of Clay shot towards Deathbringer as he braced himself for the impending doom, but Dune had driven his tail through the heart of one of them and Glory shot something on a long scar on the others back as they screamed in agony and clawed at their back and keeled over dead.

The other nightwing who had been pinning Dune looked at the one who had been pinning Sunny as they exchanged terrified looks then shot off into the trees.

"Dammit!" Vengeance hissed "Void! Reaper! You are utter cowards! Stop thinking about that stupid retirement home and get back here and fight!" There was no response. "Preyhunter! Do something you idiot!" he growled at the nightwing pinning Starflight.

"H-hell no! I'm not going to help you with another uneven battle! You're on your own!" Preyhunter scrambled off of Starflight then vanished in the tress.

Vengeance stared at the dragons who surrounded him "H-hold on we can work this o-" before he could finish his sentence, Dune drove his tail barb directly into Vengeance's head and he fell over, dead.