Chapter 3

"Alright... we're ready..." Dune announced as he held the key to the cave tightly in his talons. "Webs and Kestrel have left to gather scrolls and food, we need to act quickly if Webs gets back as early as usual, Starflight, make your way to the entrance, we will meet you there."

Starflight nodded and dashed away.

"Everyone has everything they need?" Dune asked. The dragonets all nodded, Clay bringing a sack of leftover cows, Tsunami bringing a training spear, Glory had grabbed a map of the continent, and Sunny grabbed Starflight's favorite scroll. Phantom, unlike the others, wanted to stay.

"This is idiotic..." Phantom grumbled "You'll be caught the moment you open the cave, I'm staying here, its what Kestrel would want and therefore it is the right thing to do." He sat himself down haughtily.

"We don't need you anyways, squid brain!" Tsunami growled "We have a different nightwing who also hatched on the brightest night, you wanna stay here with soggy and grumpy face, be our guest."

"I don't mean to be pushy, but we are getting nothing done standing around here..." Glory spoke up "Why don't we, you know, actually leave?"

"Right! I was so focused on gathering food that I forgot we were going to escape!" Clay jumped up excitedly.

Tsunami started to push everyone out of the room "Alright enough chit chat lets move! Go go go!"

Dune had gotten to the boulder and unlocked it, pushing it aside as he limped out, each of the dragonets exiting as Starflight bounded up to them.

"There you are! I was starting to get worried! Anyways, shall we go over the plan? I think there's so many possibilities on what we can do or where we can go!" Starflight rambled.

"Lets not get too excited..." Dune chuckled "Glory, the map please." Glory handed him the map and unrolled it, placing his talon on a spot near the center of the rainforest. "Thorn once told me there was a tunnel in the rainforest made by an animus that leads..." he traced his talons along the map until he reached the desert. "Here, and from there you want to get to the Scorpion Den... and boom, that's the journey, its faster to get to the rainforest from here anyways, although it is faster to fly over Possibility, it would be best to avoid it as much as possible..."

Clay tilted his head "Uhhh... why would we pass up a short cut?"

"Because while Possibility seems like a nice place, its all a trick to lure in fugitives or desired targets and catch them... which we all are." Dune sighed "So our bets bet is getting to that tunnel."

"One question," Tsunami piped up "If we want to find someone powerful then obviously we need to go to my mother, right? You said she was Queen Coral after all." 

"That may be true, but based on Starflight's visions, Thorn could potentially get a place on the sandwing throne, so if we find her that's a better chance of that future coming true." Dune explained as Tsunami pouted.

"Tsunami, we all know you just wanted an excuse to try and get a throne for yourself."

"Shut up before I crack your jaw off, Glory..."

"Alright lets not fight!" Clay and Sunny said at the same time.

"Alright then, lets move..." Dune rolled up the map then handed it back to Glory and started to walk.

"Wait," Clay started "We're walking?"

"I don't mean to be rude, but does it look like flying is an option?" Dune spread his wings.

"I mean we could just leave you here..." Tsunami chuckled.

"And I could easily shove you all back into the cave, now lets stop dawdling and get a move on..."

They all followed Dune, Sunny looked back skeptically at the cave entrance before following the others.