Chapter Fifteen~ The One With a Gender

Logan's POV:

I roll over in bed and feel the warmth from the sun fall onto my face. I open my eyes and look at Rory, sound asleep. She was curled against me. I could feel her bump against my stomach. After a few minutes, she started to stir. She opened her eyes to look at me, and I smiled.

"Morning, beautiful," I say.

"Morning," She yawns.

I smile and kiss her before moving closer to the end of the bed and kissing her bump.

"Morning, baby," I say.

Rory laughs, "I can feel the vibrations. It feels so weird."

I laugh and go back to lie with her. She lays her head on my chest and plays with her hair.

"We have a doctor's appointment today," she says, and I lean down to kiss her head.

"Your mom is throwing us a party because of it today," I smile.

"We finally get to know the gender!" Rory says and turns to me.

I kiss her, "I'm so excited to find out what we are having. If we have a girl, she'll be a mini Ace!"

Rory laughs and smiles so brightly.

"You and your Aces. What if she wants to be a doctor or work with animals?" Rory asks.

"She'll still be my mini Ace," I smile.

"What if it's a little boy?" Rory asks.

"Then they will be our mini master and commander," I say with a smile.

Rory laughs again.

"We need to discuss names soon. Baby will be born soon, and we only have a room designated to them so far," Rory stresses.

"Hey, we still have four months. Everything will be perfect by the time mini Ace, or mini Master and Commander comes," Rory says.

"We have to start getting ready," Rory says.

"A few more minutes won't hurt," I say and rub her back.

As we finally relax again, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer, not even looking at the caller ID.

"Logan, how are you?" I hear and pull the phone away from my ear to see it's my mom calling.

"I was good until you called. What do you want?" I ask, annoyed.

"What do I want? Logan, why are you being so rude and disrespectful? I was calling to see how you were," my mother says.

"Again, fine before you called. If that is it, I have to get ready," I say.

"Hold on! For what? Is Finn having a party? I didn't get an invite. I heard from Finn Sr. that he was going to a party later tonight." She says; I roll my eyes.

"Yea. We are going to my baby's gender reveal tonight. You aren't invited," I say.

"You are still with Rory? I told you that I don't allow it! Listen to your mother! Come home, this instance! Your father may have divorced me, but he forgot you are still my son. I want you home in twenty! If not, I'm going to call the police! So disrespectful. Rory is no longer whatever she is to you. You are done. You hear me! Done! I will see you in twenty." Mom screams.

Rory rolls her eyes and goes to our bathroom.

"Yeah, right. You've got some serious mental issues. I'm going to go now and get ready. Do yourself a favor and go check into a mental facility," I say, hanging up.