CHAPTER 2

Wills POV

After finishing his rounds Will cracked open the door poking his head into the abnormally dark room. Nico lay on the bed curled into a ball, shaking and covered in sweat. He was muttering curses in his sleep as the shadows around him bend toward him. Will ran over to where he lay shining his hands around the shadow keeping them away. Suddenly Nico begun to scream thrashing around, Will grew more concerned. He knew most demigods had nightmares, but he had never seen them this bad. Abandoning his pointless game of keep away with the shadows, Will shook Nico carefully trying not to hurt him. Suddenly his eyes flicked open, and Will found the shadows whipping around his neck in blacked tendrils, he could see this action draining Nico. As the son of hades realized who it was, the shadows relaxed returning to the walls behind them. Nico glared at Will with a mixture of hate and resentment in his dark brown eyes that had turned a stone cold black. "out" Nico said his voice strong and firm. "But" Will began before Nico cut him off "now, before I regret letting my shadows release you". Will found himself being pushed out the door by firm shadowy hands. As he turned to shut the door, he saw Nico collapse onto the bed, he tried to enter but found a wall of shadows blocking the way. More shadow hands closed the door but not before Will heard Nico begin to sob.

Standing outside the door for what seemed like years, the bright white lights of the hall burrowed into his soul. The talented son of Apollo felt helpless he knew Nico was in dire need of help and yet it seemed Nico wanted nothing to do with him or getting better. Will slumped down his back against the white door of the room. What am I going to do? Will thought to himself fiddling with the hem of his blue scrubs. Remembering his other patients, Will got up and threw himself into his work, this often helped him think about his problems. That was until he almost gave a patient with a nasty cut enough ambrosia to kill ten demigods. Luckily Kayla had been in the room and had stopped Will. She shoved a protesting son of Apollo out the door ordering him to go get a late lunch or walk down to the beach and back to clear his mind.

Will shuffled his away over the dining pavilion where a few demigods were still eating. As Will grabbed a plate and thought about Greek salad a nice amount appearing on the plate in front of him. Sacrificing a portion to his farther and some to Hades Will sat down at the empty Apollo table. Will had just picked up his fork as he felt someone sit down beside him. Looking up fork poised just in front of his mouth Jason sat ringing off questions at Will not giving him to chance to answer. "how is Nico? I heard he was fading again when can I see him? Is he ok? Why aren't you with him? Is he being good? When is he getting out?" Jason fired the questions without taking a breath, pushing up his glasses with each question. Will stared at his fork before setting it back down by his plate. "jeez Jason take a breath" Jason fidgeted staring at Will, perched on the edge of the seat. "Nico is fine" Will lied unsure how to tell Jason how he was failing the boy. Jason eyeballed Will with a suspicious face before stating slowly "when had Nico ever been fine" Jason said the last part with sarcastic looking air quotes. Now it was wills turn to fidget uncomfortably. "well ... n-nicos not really ... lettingmehelphim" will said the last part faster than Jason thought was possible. Jason raised an eyebrow slowly his blue eyes burrowing into wills. Will abandon his idea to eat the pavilion scooping up his plate he begun to walk back but Jason didn't let up he continued to pepper will with questions about when he could see Nico. Before running into will who had frozen dead, he turned to face Jason before finally giving up. "fine, you can see him" Will said throwing a hand up in a dramatic defeat. Jason bounced on his toes before promptly hugging will and racing off to the infirmary. As Percy ran up to join him the boys exchanged excited glances as Jason explained what was going on.

(759 words)

I will be trying to post at least once a week, sorry to anyone who is reading this whilst its being written. My writings not the best.