CHAPTER 3

Nico's POV

Nico had been laying there not letting himself fall asleep for the sake of staying away from the nightmares when the door burst open. The other two sons of the big three tumbling into the small room. Jason rushed up to Nico whilst Percy shut the door for some much-needed privacy from the empty halls. As Percy strolled up and sat on the end of the bed Jason and Percy exchanged looks before Jason said smoothly "someone called" Percy looked at Jason before they said together "the love doctor!" Nico groaned before shoving a pillow over his reddening face. How had they found out about his crush on will? Percy peeled the pillow off the boy's pale face. Nico rolled over and ended up falling out of bed. Pulling out his IV of nectar in the process. Blood welled around the ripped skin. Jason quickly looked at Percy again "I'll get will" Nico groaned again as Percy dashed off. They are never going to let this go.

A moment later Will strolled into the room muttering something about being more carful before cleaning off his arm and placing a Band-Aid on it. Percy and Jason looked way to excited about Will touching Nico even if it was just to give him a Band-Aid. Nico blushed at the giggling immature boys in the corner, smacking his forehead with his free hand in embarrassment. He had blushed ... in front of will. Luckily Will hadn't noticed as he shot Nico a quizzical look glancing up from where he had placed another IV in Nico's other arm. "keep hurting yourself and I will not hesitate to put you in restraints" which ensured a fresh wave of giggles from the boys. "death-boy" Will added with a grin, before Nico could protest Jason and Percy squealed, dancing around in a circle in the corner hold each other's hands. Will questioned Nico's choice of friends as well as their sanity, before quickly leaving the room and shutting the door.

"Percy ... Jason" the two boys looked up from their argument using only the words bro and love you. Nico sighed wondering how the boys, both a couple years older than himself, were less mature than him. With his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose Nico addresses the two, "if you could not let the entire camp know about my crush on Will then I wont ..." he paused for dramatic effect making the shadow behind him flicker "have the entire underworld chase you around camp". Percy had seemed to stop listening at the words crush and Will being said in the same sentence. Jason just grinned under his mop of messy hair as Percy danced around him. It was at this point Nico had, had enough and decided to bury himself in the crispy white sheets. Percy and Jason took the hint and decided they would watch from afar as the relationship developed. As the left to buy binoculars and a camera, Nico decided he would rather face the tormenting dreams than the nightmare of his life. He rolled over and was immediately plagued with one of his worst nightmares.

He was running, the air burnt his lungs and the sharp ground cut his feet. The pain was welcome, he would rather die by a thousand cuts than life with his mental state. He feet were shredded reaching for his sword he found it was not there. He looked back at the hoards of monsters behind him. He ran until he collapsed, he was burnt, poisoned, cut and broken. He was about to give up when the monsters exploded into a cloud of dust a silver arrow in each of their chests. He looked up to find his sister looking down on him she was surrounded by people he knew. His mother, Percy, Jason, will, piper and more. They stood over him their faces downcast. "you killed me" his mother said, "I would be alive if it weren't for you" His sister spat. "I'm the daughter of Aphrodite even I think your loves is poisoned" piper said. "yeah that's right, you gay loser" hazel agreed. Jason and Percy spoke together "we only helped you because we pity you". Nico covered his ears, but their words seemed to echo inside his brain. He couldn't take it, the pain, the trauma, the loss. All of it was his fault and yet all he felt was hollow, the pain was dull, the air seemed less sharp in his lungs, and the world seemed duller. He knew he was broken; he knew he was worthless, all he is ... all he was is now gone.

(777 words)