钟离┆"𝐈 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭"

Not Requested :: Fluff & Slight Angst if you squint

Character: Zhongli

"Your eyes stole all my words away."

»»————-➴————-««

Going on weekly dates was normal for me and Zhongli, even though I usually pay, we still enjoy the time we have together. I start walking to the restaurant, hoards of people bustle on the streets. It was a sunny day, the bright yellow sun shining down on Liyue.

The restaurant we're going to is quite expensive, but I'm sure I can pay for it! After all, I've been saving up tons of mora for this date. While trudging to the diner, I spot brown hair with light brown tips standing out of the crowd. "Zhongli! Over here!!" I wave my arms frantically, the said man turns around, his sharp eyes looking over to where I'm standing.

"Ah, hello there (F/N), are you ready to go?" He asks why holding out his arm,

I nod my head and held his hand, the soft glove touching my bare skin. He guides me down the streets, passing through the food stands. I look ahead to see the diner we're eating in and we continue to walk there.

As we head inside, the waiter trudges forward, quickly bows, and welcomes us, "Good afternoon, here are our specialties for today." They said while handing me the menu. My eyes wander around the list, 'Jade Parcels, Golden Crab, Adeptus Temptation...' Ah.. these are expensive, well whatever, anything to make Zhongli happy.

"Have you decided on what you will eat (F/N)?"

I tear my gaze away from the menu, golden eyes stare at my figure, "Mhm, how about you?" I ask smiling at his direction, he nods with a grunt and shows me what he wants.

Jade parcels? That's alright I guess, I have enough mora. I call out to the waiter and they stride to our table, "What would you like to order?" They ask, "We would like two Jade parcels with some tea please." Zhongli stated, "Coming right up!" The waiter grabs our menus and rushes to the kitchen.

. . . . . .

The waiter comes back with two plates of Jade parcels and cups of tea, "Enjoy your meal!" We thank them and start to dig in, I look forward to see Zhongli smiling contently while eating his food. That smile made my heart skip a beat and my face starts getting hot. Zhongli looks at me before kissing me on the cheek, I swear- I almost fainted when he did, "H-Hey! The hell was that for?!"

He giggles, "You were staring at me for a couple of seconds, I thought that you would like a quick kiss from me." I look away, completely embarrassed that he caught me.

"Whatever, want some wine after you're eating?" I ask, he contemplates before nodding, "Though, I have no idea what to get." I think back to the menu, 'Wasn't there Osmanthus wine on the list? I have heard Zhongli mumbling something about it, I guess I'll get him that.' I call the waiter again and ask them to get us some Osmanthus wine, Zhongli's eyes widen a little before turning back to normal.

The waiter places the wine on our table, Zhongli grabbing it gently with his hand under. The brown haired man stares at the drink, mind obviously wandering somewhere else, "Zhongli are you okay?" I ask, he snaps out of his daze, "Ah ahem, sorry, I was having flashbacks." He sips the drink before saying, "Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember."

. . . .

The receipt was placed on the table, the bill was 80k mora. 'Haha, I'm going broke' I reached down to my pocket when all the sudden, a hand stopped my action, "Let me pay for this food today." Zhongli says, now this was shocking, Zhongli? PAYING for the food? "No no, I'll pay, we both know you don't have enough mora to even buy a light snack." He looked quite offended by my comment.

"I insist (F/N), let me pay for the food. Um, here, I even have proof that I have enough." I look at what he's holding and my eyes go wide, there he was, holding a bag of mora.

I sigh before nodding, he smiles before handing the waiter the bag of mora, "Now, let's go." He said happily while grabbing my arm again.

Somewhere in Snezhnaya, an orange haired man grumbles in frustration, "Augh! Where did my mora go? I swear I left it here somewhere"

AN

Hope you liked this one-shot! Make sure to give feedback and vote <3