𝟖|𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I PRACTICALLY SKIPPED TO my sister's Common Room later that evening, the perfect plan formed in my head. First, I thought, talk her up. Ask her about her plants or something. Second, ask her about James. Third, sneak her diary when she isn't looking and get out. I sighed, Easy peasy.

        I knocked the password onto the barrels outside the Common Room, waving at the few Hufflepuffs before yelling for Celaine.

        "Laine!" I called up the stairs, waiting for her to come down, "Celaine, are you up there?"

        "Coming!" I heard her soft voice reply, quickly running to the stairwell to help levitate me up the stairs. We shared a quick hug before she led me to her room.

        "So," She smiled, "What brings you here, Remus?" I laughed, taking a seat on her bed.

        "I came to talk to you about something," I explained, "But first, how's your job going?" I smiled and watched as she leapt into a story about the tiny flower shop and started looking around her room, evaluating where she would keep her diary. I laid back in her bed, attempting to make it less obvious that I was looking around her room when I felt something hard against the back of my head.

        Bingo, I thought, smirking at my luck. 

        "And she even let me keep one of the saplings." She finished, gushing over a barely-sprouted plant she was showing me, "Isn't it precious?"

        I nodded, smiling softly at her innocence, "It's adorable, Celaine. But, that isn't what I came up here for." She nodded, placing it back on her window sill and coming to sit beside me.

        I patted her leg, rubbing circles on her knee, "What do you think of James?" I asked quietly, watching as she blushed profusely. While she hid her face in her hands, I muttered a spell to duplicate her diary, shrinking it to pocket size and stuffing it in my pocket.

        "So that's what you came up here for?" She groaned, leaning her head on my shoulder, "Will you get mad at me if I tell you the truth?" She mumbled, and I shook my head.

        "I could never get mad at you." I cooed, encouraging to tell me her thoughts.

        "Well," She cleared her throat, "I like him... as in more than friends," I grinned at her flustered state, "But he doesn't like me that way, I know it. Is that all you wanted to hear?" She sent me a look, shaking her head at my expression.

        I smirked, "Yep." I moved to get up, but she pushed me back down.

        She glared at me, a serious look on her face, "You have to promise me you won't tell him." I laughed, nodding my head and promising her that I wouldn't tell a soul.

        "Love you, Celaine." I waved good-bye, softly closing the door behind me.

        I took a deep breath as I exited her room, Mission success. I thought about what she said, and I smiled sadly. I understood what she might be feeling, James always talked about Lily. She must think the feelings aren't mutual.

        I grinned to myself at the information I had. She for sure liked James, and James definitely fancied her. The plan wouldn't fail, it couldn't. No matter what happened, the two would get together. That I was sure of.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

𝐀/𝐍: 

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭, 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞, 𝐢𝐟 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂