𝟗|𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I SKIPPED DOWN TO the Black Lake, searching for my brother and his friends. I promised them I'd help tutor them all in Herbology before their first assessment on their current unit.

        Once I found them, I started walking over, humming a tune under my breath. I waved in their direction when I got close enough, smiling at the scene I walked in on. Peter was sprawled out on the ground, candy wrappers scattered about so that they were surrounding him, and Sirius was poking his face with his finger to see if he was alive.

        Meanwhile, James and Remus were in a very deep conversation, being very secretive about it. They halted when I waved, quickly waving back and resuming their positions.

        "Hi." I greeted, taking a seat beside Remus, "Is Peter okay?" I asked, suddenly growing worried for the boy when he didn't sit up at the sound of my voice.

        "Candy coma." Sirius shrugged, getting out his textbook and notes from past lessons, "Okay, Miss Tutor. Tutor me." He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed heartily at him before pulling out my textbook and notes, unknowing to the eyes following my every move.

        I began to quiz the boys on what they had learned, helping them when they got something wrong and congratulating them with a smile when they got something right. Peter eventually woke up, joining in on the study session once he remembered where he was.

        I eyed James when no one was looking, taking in how perfectly messy his hair was and how pretty his smile looked. I sighed, shaking my head slowly and reading from Peter Pan as I waited for them to finish the review I handed out.

        "What's the matter, Celaine?" Remus whispered, handing me the finished page. I smiled and started to look it over, ignoring the question, "Celaine?"

        "Just thinking about something I can't have," I replied with an attitude, taking Remus off guard, "Sorry. I don't mean to be snappy." I mumbled the apology, handing the now-graded review back to him. He had gotten a perfect score, thankfully.

        He opened his mouth as if to say something, but shook his head instead and walked off over to his original spot. I groaned internally and picked up my book once more, only for a hand to be placed inside its pages.

        A familiar voice sounded from above me, "Hey, I finished this thing." I looked up and smiled at James, taking the review page gently and starting to correct it. His answers were lengthy and looked like he actually tried, and I estimated that it would take quite a while to get it over with.

        "What were you and Rem talking about earlier? Seemed very secretive." I joked, bumping him gently in the side. He let out a nervous chuckle.

        "Oh, it's nothing," He replied, "Remus was worried he wouldn't get any of this review." I nodded slowly, not buying his story one bit.

        "Alright."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― CELAINE SLOWLY STARTED SPENDING more and more time with us, — not that I was complaining — and gradually got more comfortable hanging out with us. She claimed it was because Frank and Alice were a thing now, but I knew she had other friends. So why would she hang out with us over them?

        I liked to think it was because she liked me back, but we all know that is impossible. After the little study group we had, we did multiple more things together. Although Celaine refused to do pranks, she was willing to sneak out with us to Hogsmeade and sit with us by the Black Lake. I enjoyed the attention immensely, but I knew my feelings were most likely unrequited.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂