7. || Ananaya's Truth ||

Ananya held Rhea's hand and hurriedly dragged her into her room after Rhea convinced her to forgive someone.

"As if that's how you treat guests, huh?" Rhea asked as soon as Ananya closed the door behind them.

"Forget all that, tell me... how did you manage to get leave?" Ananya covered her snort with a cough.

"I came here for a reason. Let's go, we have an important meeting to attend," Rhea said, opening her wardrobe and tossing clothes at Ananya.

"But... what do I tell them at home?" Ananya fidgeted with her dress.

"Just tell them you're going to the office, it's simple. Wait... don't tell me Dev sir... I mean, your in-laws have a problem with it," Rhea shrugged.

"My in-laws are super cool. As for Dev... why would he care? He won't object until he knows about it, and even then, what right does he have to object? We're strangers to each other, Rhea... It hurts," a lone tear escaped from Ananya's eye.

"Didn't I tell you to tell him the truth?"

"Until when, Rhea... how long will I be stuck in this one-sided love? It's not just his one-sided love for me. I've made his love one-sided. It's all my fault," she caressed his picture.

"Why haven't you told him clearly then? I know he'll understand you. Why are you suffering like this? Just let it out, Ananya, he'll listen," Rhea turned her around, holding her shoulders.

"I can't do this, Rhea. It's better if he stays away from me. I can't ruin his entire life for a moment's happiness," she placed the picture back.

"I can't stand by and watch you. Idiot," Rhea sighed.

"You really don't have to. Give me ten minutes, I'll be ready in fifteen minutes. We have an important meeting to attend," saying this, Ananya disappeared into the walk-in closet.

Rhea shook her head in complete annoyance.

She looked at the picture of Dev Joshi that Ananya had placed on the side table before going into the closet.

"These two are complete idiots."

After a while,

Ananya emerged wearing sleek black jeans, a brownish tank top, and a jacket over it. After getting dressed, they went to Karuna's room to ask for permission to go out.

"Mom, can I go out with Rhea for a while? Please," Ananya asked, hugging her mother-in-law tightly.

"Of course, dear. You're free in this house, just like Payal, Megha, and Dev. You can go anywhere. There's no need for permission, just inform me when you go out so that I don't worry unnecessarily," Karuna affectionately patted her cheek.

Ananya smiled brightly and left with Rhea after hugging her mother-in-law.

...

Rhea parked her car in front of a huge 14-story glass building. After showing their respective IDs, they entered the heavily secured premises.

"Good morning, sir," they greeted the person sitting in the chair as soon as the door to his office burst open.

"Morning, girls. I was waiting for both of you. Please, have a seat," the man greeted them back with equal enthusiasm.

They nodded and took their seats in front of Faarukh Siddiqui, the Chief Head of the Intelligence Department.

"Sir, you called us in an emergency. Any reasons?" Ananya asked, her tone serious.

"First of all, congratulations, Ananya, on your new married life. I hope you're settling well into your new life. But you need to be aware, you have to keep your professional and personal lives separate. And you need to prioritize your profession over your personal life. You understand that, right?" Faarukh sighed.

She nodded, "Yes, sir. My country will always be my first priority. And don't worry, I won't inform my in-laws until this mission is complete. Even my husband doesn't know about this."

"That's like my fighter. Given the circumstances, we can't trust anyone right now. But if you want, you can inform Dev. We just need to catch that bastard Ray, and everything will fall into place eventually," Faarukh patted her head affectionately.

"I'm ready, sir, for the encounter with that good-for-nothing Ray," she aimed a direct arrow at Ray's picture hanging on the board of criminals.

"Be careful, Rhea and Ananya. There are many insiders working for him. Your real identities must not be exposed under any circumstances. We can't risk it," they both nodded in agreement.

PS: Ananya is a secret agent working for the Intelligence Department against Ray, who poses a significant threat to both countries. Ray, a migrant with no allegiance to any nation, aims to destabilize both nations. Ananya has no romantic feelings for him; she is solely focused on her mission. Dev Joshi is her idol, and she keeps her secrets to herself because the mission is dangerous.

...

Rhea rolled her eyes at Ananya, who was driving the car. "Seriously, Ananya, this is pathetic. Why are you hurting him? You've made him believe you love that good-for-nothing Ray, and he... moreover, you're hurting yourself, Ananya. Stop all this."

"I can't," Ananya replied firmly.