16. || The Bad One ||

Ananya stood on her balcony, the morning sun casting a warm glow over her flushed cheeks as she reminisced about the unforgettable moments she had shared with her husband the night before.

Dressed in fresh clothes, her body still tingling with the aftermath of their passion, she turned to steal a glance at Dev, who lay asleep, his features softened in slumber as he clutched the pillow close, his tousled hair falling over his forehead.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she watched him bury his face deeper into the pillow to evade the sun's rays. She gently closed the curtains, shrouding the room in a soft morning glow, but her tranquility was interrupted by a series of urgent pings from her phone.

Answering the call from Farukh Siddiqui, her smile faltered, replaced by a grave expression.

Moving closer to Dev, she traced the contours of his face with a tender finger, her touch lingering as she whispered softly, "Why did I allow myself to lose in you last night, knowing it couldn't last, our happiness? But I'm sorry, Debu. I have to do what needs to be done.But I'm sorry what I'm going to do debu but enough living in a fantasy. It's time to face reality."

She whispers, her voice grave " Life is no movie with a happy ending and we need to face it, I'll give you the breakdown and you'll promise me the rise "

She recalled the conversation with Farukh that had shaken her to the core:

"Ananya, listen carefully. Ray is keeping a close watch on you. He knows about what happened to you that night at the party."

"What? How does he know?"

"We can't underestimate him. It would be foolish. We're not fools here. Be cautious, Ananya. We can't afford even a one percent risk in our mission. One small mistake could jeopardize everything we've worked for over the past six years. We've lost too many officers already."

"Sir, is it... Is it time?"

"Yes, Agent Roohi, it's time. You need to execute the operation we've been planning for years. It's time to expose his global human trafficking network. We can't take any more risks now, Ananya."

"But... What do I tell my husband?"

"Mrs. Ananya Dev Joshi, these relationships weren't meant for us. Our country, our land comes first. You have to understand that. For you, your country must be the priority. You didn't have permission to marry or to love. You have to go through with this operation, leaving your family and husband behind. This is an order, Agent Roohi. I won't accept a refusal."

---

Realizing time was slipping away, Ananya hastily dressed in tight pants, a blue tube top, and a black jacket, issuing swift instructions to her subordinates before returning to see her husband still peacefully asleep. Sitting beside him, she spoke softly yet resolutely.

" I'm sorry Husband. I promise I would try to come back but if I couldn't please forgive your wife " she leaned and kissed his forehead " Thank you for the best thing that happened to me debu," she murmured, pressing a tender kiss to his forehead.

A tear trickled down her cheek as he suddenly stirred awake, concerning etching his features.

"Ananya, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Did I do something?"

She closed her eyes briefly, battling her emotions. Wiping her tears away, she stood to leave, but he caught her wrist, pulling her gently toward him.

"Let me go, Debu. I have to leave," she said, her voice trembling as she gripped her jacket tightly.

"Where are you going, Anu? Did I do something wrong?"

"Ray... He called me. We're leaving as planned. It's time to put an end to this, Debu."

"And... What about last night? Were those moments..."

"Those moments were a mistake, Dev. I shouldn't have let myself lose control with you. It was wrong," she said, her grip loosening.

"What did you just say?"

She jerked her hand free, facing him with a mixture of pain and determination. "I said what happened last night was wrong. It shouldn't have happened. I need to go to Ray."

He grabbed her hand again, pulling her close and twisting her arm behind her back. "Playing games with my emotions, Ananya?"

Releasing her, he stepped back, leaving her to struggle with her tears. "Mohobat mein dard hota haii yeh toh pata thaa lekin Ishq is hadh tak bewafa hoga woh aaj dekh liyaa "

He stormed out, leaving her standing there, lost in her thoughts. Suddenly, he returned, holding some documents in his hands.

"After what happened last night, will Ray accept you?" he asked, his gaze piercing hers as she nodded silently.

"So you're ready. Let's go. We need to leave."

"Where are we going?"

He chuckled softly. "Didn't I promise you, Ananya? I'll fulfill all your wishes and bring you every happiness. Dev Joshi doesn't break his promises. We're heading to the border to meet Ray."

"But... Don't we need government approval for that?"

He handed her a permission letter, signed and approved by him. "You have permission. I'm the Chief Justice; I can at least do this much for you," he said, a lone tear escaping her eye.

"One last journey together, then you go your way, and I'll go mine. I've never asked for anything, Ananya, but today, please do me a favor. Don't ever show me your face again. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do. Go and tell Ray you're coming to him, forever."

Ananya nodded silently. She informed Ray of her imminent arrival, and together they descended to inform their family members. Ananya sought Karuna's blessings for her mission, silently hoping for a safe return.Debu feel suspicious but then he shrug off his thoughts.

As they arrived at the border by evening, Dev opened the car door for her, his touch gentle yet tinged with sadness. Holding her hand, he led her forward, their fingers entwined until they reached Ray, who approached with open arms.

Ananya felt a pang of regret as she relinquished Dev's hand to embrace Ray. Stepping back from Ray, she turned to face Dev, who handed her over reluctantly.

"I'll leave now, Ray. Take care of Ananya."

"I'm sorry, Dev. If possible, forget me, because I don't deserve your forgiveness. Please find someone who can love you as you deserve," she said softly, approaching him once more.

Dev shook his head slowly. "Mohobat srif ek hi baar hoti hai ananya aur dil bhi sirf ek hi baar kisi ko diya jata hai, aur jaann kisi ek ke liye hi kurbaan ki jaati hai. mohobat mein tumse kar chuka, dil bhi de diya aur jaan bhi jaa hi raha hai. Yeh sab mujhse dubara nahi hoga ananaya. khair you live kam se kam kisi ki mohobat toh mukamal huhe, mere nahi toh tumahre sahi."

Chalo fir katam kare yeh kahani
Ager ho izajat ab tumhari
Bulana to mushkil hoga mere liye..
Zaroori bhi ab yeh karna tere liye
Yeh saza se Kam nahin jo aaj hoga
Bewajha hoga jo ab tere baad hoga...
Bas chup chap chale jayenge dur tumse
Sochte rhena yeh sab humhara khwab hoga
- your bakwas writer !