Jin Soul - Editorial 7/12

JIN SOUL - EDITORIAL 7/12

"Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes."

"I'm off to work!" Jinsoul announces, as her lovely girlfriend Yves throws her a smile. "Not going with me?" She said, getting her car keys. Jinsoul shrugs and before she closes the door, "Yeah, I need to get faster."

Jeong Jinsoul is one of the photojournalists of Korean Times, she started her career a few years ago like Haseul. But things didn't go as we wished they were, she's having trouble coping up some scoops were getting faster than she could take. Her only hope is writing for a lifestyle page that is not getting much attention.

Her rise started when she posts an article about an affluent man who died in a gruesome way, Jinsoul didn't include the affluent man's daughter, the other family insists Jinsoul not cover the life of the affluent's man daughter.

Jinsoul is one of the great journalists, The Korean Times was getting a lot of praise because of her well-written and snapped articles. This time, she is the first snapping an article for Miyoung, which was known as Haseul's rival during their younger years. This happened before Haseul's last play.

"You getting this, Jinsoul?"

"Miyoung, she is quite popular for having the name as the rival of Haseul. Yeah, people like that kind of knacks on the internet." One of the police puffs as Jinsoul diligently takes a photo of Miyoung's body.

Some crime investigators checked her and Jinsoul is jolting down some notes which she can use to write for her article. "I don't know how she killed in this way. A normal jumping from the highest floor suicide when you can see her broken spine. In this case, I felt like she used force for the way she jumps."

Jinsoul listens carefully, the crime investigators claim that Miyoung might self-harm herself at the building before jumping, the road sign hits Miyoung's face squarely, getting her head cut in half, Miyoung's limbs were severely crushed by her torso, making her a corpse with a half head and no limbs.

Jinsoul just looks at the corpse before getting finished, later on, she posted the article about Miyoung. She is a fast writer, but she remembers the day Haseul caused havoc at MIA stadium. The way time accelerates and affects people's appearance, reminds her past.

She did the same.

She wished the same but in different places and reasons. Her attention averts to Hyunjin, who works as an investigator. Hyunjin did leave the apartment and lived next to Yves and Jinsoul. The girl somehow recognizes her, stands up, and said, "Hey, you're the new neighbor."

"Yes, I am, nice to meet you. I brought some treats, you left early so I didn't have the chance to hand it to you earlier." Hyunjin mumbles, handing the treats to Jinsoul. The girl smiles and thanked her, as they both parted their ways. Hyunjin happened to visit the Korean Times since she is needed to talk about the crime she took care of yesterday, her reports were needed by the editors.

"You're the one who tackled Miyoung's article?" Hyunjin asked as she brought Jinsoul a fresh hot coffee on a convenience store cup. "Yes, the police were questioning her autopsy. That's a unique way to die I suppose."

"Maybe she upgraded her death," Jinsoul added. Jinsoul believed Miyoung committed suicide, Hyunjin doesn't. She doesn't feel it was a normal suicide, calms herself, and continued to talk with Jinsoul. Jinsoul finishes her final report and closes her computer. Jinsoul sips her coffee looks at her phone, plays one of Kim Lip's songs.

"Fan of Kim Lip?" Hyunjin observed, Jinsoul smiles, remembering the day she met Kim Lip, no wonder, she's drawn to her. But she does understand her privacy not to meddle with her. The next day, she's one of the employees who get early, looking for everyone. Her eyes land on a person, between her height, gender unmarked, wearing a navy green hoodie, the same entity who appears to Hyunjin.