Part 1: Chapter 31: The Nagasaki Invasion, Yae

*Three Months Ago, Unknown Location*

Bursting through the roof of the hut he was resting in, she bore a grin of warped delight as she made her entrance.

"KYAHA, GET UP, IRIRE, I'VE GOT BIG NEWS~!!"

The old demon in question did not get up from his bed, continuing to rest with his arm across his eyes despite the destruction around him.

"Tch, you ever heard of a door, you childish brat?" Irire pointed towards the door of his hut without looking up and said, "It's right over there. Use it next time."

"Come on, there's no time for doors, silly~!" The female demon giggled, doing a twirl like a ballerina and draping herself atop the table in the middle of the hut with a dreamy sigh.

"Ahh~, we've got a job to do~!"

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" The old demon replied, audibly unamused.

"Oh, you're gonna love this~!" Razel jolted back off the table with an ecstatic grin and said,

"You and I are going Hashira Hunting~!!!"

That sentence got his attention. Irire sat up in his bed, and turned towards her with a suspect look on his face.

"Uh huh. What's that mean, brat?"

"Father instructed us to bring the head of Sakusa Kari and to eat Shinobu Kocho~!" The female demon exclaimed.

"Hm. Then we'll get it done."

The old demon got out of bed, and held his hand out towards the door. Almost instantly, his blade burst through the wooden door and entered his hand, and he strapped it to his waist.

"So. You and I will switch opponents since you're the stronger demon, right?" Irire asked,

"You take the Kari boy, and I'll take-

"Oh, fuck no, you old man~!!"

The female demon's suffocating pressure slammed itself down on Irire's shoulders in the blink of an eye, with Razel's wings sprouting out of her back and flapping around in the makeshift hut, throwing everything within it around like a tornado.

"I'm killing the girl for getting me in trouble with Father~!" She spat with a maniacal grin, "You kill the meathead Hashira, and I get the little bitch~!!"

"Also, I've got a plan involving a little help from some more of Father's children cocked up in my head to help us get a little extra food while we're at it~!"

*Nagasaki, Nighttime, Midsummer, approx. 2 years ago*

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!

"Ember Slash!"

Sakusa cleaved through another one of the Seraphim like butter just before it could attack another civilian, sending its body hurtling through the air and into the night.

He shoved the young couple into the nearest building he could find, and dashed through the streets again.

Shit, shit, fucking shit! That was the twelfth one I've seen, and yet, there's still so much damage! Just how many do they have?!

Another one that resembled a goldfish with hands and feet burst through the door of another house, and snapped its neck up to reveal a massive pair of jaws on its neck.

It dashed right towards the Rage Hashira, narrowly missing him and barreling through another house.

Sakusa clicked his tongue.