Fetish

Fetish -

a strong and unusual need or desire for something. :  for an object, body part, or activity.

*

Lane's POV:

I left as fast as I could. Ignoring everything else on my way.

But then... my world felt like in slowmo.

There it was..

Just few steps away from me. Greta and Austin walking next to each other.

And all I could ever do..was watch them walk away looking good together.

How could you hate people that didn't really do anything bad to you?

I wish I could hate Greta. But I know deep down..I'm glad Austin finally got someone who truly loves him and would never leave. And same goes for Austin. I couldn't hate him even if I try.. how could you hate someone that only did his best to love you?

And I did what I could only do at that moment.

Nothing.

That is when I realize the true meaning of freedom. Because just as I am free to love him, he is just as free to be with someone who truly loves him too.

It felt like Tiff-Dan 2.0, where I had to let go. I have to set the feelings free. Because I couldn't let myself suffer any longer.

After I left, Jon called me again and tried to reach out. But at this point,I just couldnt even be bothered anymore.

It's true that there comes a point in your life where realizations just hits you. And things would start to make sense. There is beauty in pain. Because the pain of yesterday, gives you the strength of tomorrow.

I don't know what fetish you could call what I feel. This obsession of this pain that no matter how much it hurts, I'm so scared for it to go away.

Because people think that if the pain is gone, so is the love. So you play the memories like a broken record. Like your favorite song on repeat. Because there are some memories we could just never let go of.

Months passed and my life goes on. I don't know why I couldn't come to Jon to tell him what and how I felt. I guess I just dont want to bother people anymore with my feelings. I want everyone to move on. You cannot grieve forever. You have to be okay at some point. You have to try.

That day, something came to me. I wanted to go out. I remembered the fun times I've had with Jon and Austin. Where we would go to the park to meet up and hang out at the swing. Fun times. Memories were made and hearts werent broken.

I went there by myself. I sat on the same spot I've always sat on. Thinking of the things we did. How I wish I could go back. Sometimes you really have to go out by yourself to realize that being alone can also be a gift.

After a while, I decided to finally go home. I walked slowly just enjoying the view of the sunset on my way back. As I got near the city I saw someone familiar.

A u s t i n ...?

***

A/N:

Hello everyone! Glad you made it this far. Please don't forget to leave a comment and like to let me know if you like the chapters.