Threesome

Lane's POV:

Today is the day.. her biggest dream, my worst nightmare. All happening in one day. I don't know if I'm still welcome here. If I'm still supposed to be here in the first place. To see the wedding of my close friend and the guy who I consider my 'almost'. Do I really deserve this pain? I guess I do. Because my pain means their happiness. So be it..

I went to Tiff's room and see her before she say her I do.

"You look great." I said as I stood next to her. She glanced at me and smiled.
"I'm happy for you Tiff. Really." I assured her.
"Thank you." She said and left. I look at myself in the mirror while a tear fall down on my cheeks with a smile on my face.

This is the day I let you go Dan. I guess it was just never meant to be. Well...there was never an 'us' to begin with. I thought it was going to be a happy ending, turns out it was just another once upon a time story.

Everyone is already inside. I was standing outside, not close enough for them to see me clearly but not far enough for them to know I was there. I watched as Dan passed by to go to the end of the aisle. He mouthed the words 'thank you' as he looked at me. I smiled. I know this is the best thing I can do. To the man I wanted to love and to the woman he chose to be with.

Tiff came looking as beautiful as ever. She waved at me and I waved back. I smiled at her as she walk down the aisle. Dan cried as soon as he saw Tiff. Like a child abandoned for a long time finally finding his home. Like the food finally arriving that you've been waiting for when you're hungry at your fav restaurant. Like the package you ordered being delivered at your doorstep. Like hearing your favorite song in the radio unexpectedly.

That was the kind of love I saw.

And I know..deep down. It was meant to be.

They stood there looking at each other lovingly. This threesome I thought we were in wasn't a threesome at all. Where the two fucks and the other fingers me me as he fucks another one.

It wasn't that..

It was just missionary all along..

Just him..and her. There was no 'me' in the story. As they say their vows and 'I do', I just completely zoned out. No more tears. Just completely numb.

After the wedding, everyone went to the reception and congratulated the newly wed. I saw Mel nearby. I was going to approach her but she already started walking towards me.

'Mel!" I said while giving her a hug.

"Lane! It has been soooo long! How have you been?" She asked.

I stared at Mel wondering where Eric went.

Mel is always around wherever Eric go somewhere. Ever since Tiff and I stopped working in the club I've never seen both of them again. I heard that Eric stopped making costumes for the dancers and that he moved somewhere else.

"I've been great. You?" I replied.

"Stop lying. You don't look fine to me. What's up?" She answered as I gave her a hug again. We went out of the reception area and sat next to the pond outside. I told Mel everything but this time I didn't cry anymore.

"Lane, you did the right thing. It's time. To start again. And that thing you said about Austin, you were confused before with him. And now you're still confused. What does that tell you?" She asked.

"What does that tell me?" I asked myself. And thought hard about it.

"It just means..the right person will tell you their intentions, show it, prove it to you. And they always always stay." She replied.

"The right person...tells their intentions...show it? Prove it....?and they always stay?" I repeated slowly.

"Say it again with me. Let it sink in" she said.

"THE RIGHT PERSON TELLS THEIR INTENTIONS,SHOWS IT,PROVES IT, AND ALWAYS STAYS" we both said at the same time.

I guess it's true.

Threesome is fun. But you'll always come back to missionary..

***