Roleplay part 2

A/N:

I really enjoy looking for good music to put into the story. Hope you take the time to listen to the song. Not just in this chapter,but in other chapters too! Soooo in love with it.

Lane's POV:

"I...don't understand how this happened..was I asleep? I feel like I've been sleeping the entire time. If..Austin let me go because of Joe. Where is Joe then..?" I asked Jon while staring at the wall.

"Well....this is where it got even more complicated. Austin reached out to Tiff about the whole situation. Being Austin a good guy, he wanted to make sure you would be happy even without him. He asked Tiff to look after you even tho Joe would already be by your side. Even Austin reached out to me. That's how much he loved you Lane.."

A smile formed on my lips but sadness still fills my eyes.

Austin..you're so crazy. How could you even love me this much?

But nothing prepared me for what's about to hit me..

"But... Tiff really felt sorry for Austin. Without Austin knowing, Tiff talked to Joe about you and Austin and explained everything to him. And Joe being another fool, who loves you just as much and fully respect your relationship with Austin, he backed down and never showed up ever again. I guess in his mind he believed you're already happy and doesn't want to ruin your happiness so he let go. That was the time that Austin thought you were already fine with Joe. He already accepted it and grieved the entire time. And life really is funny sometimes. Life brought Gretta back in his life again. And he found comfort in her presence.. and I don't know..he only found out about Joe not showing up and everything else after a year or something when he saw Tiff again. That night he visited my place and we went out for a drink and that's how I found out."

I stared at Jon in disbelief.

"I..don't...Then why didn't you tell me??? Why didn't Tiff tell me? Why didn't anyone tell me?!" I asked raising my voice.

"Austin...is Austin. The dude loves you to death. He asked us not to tell you. When he was leaving he didn't want you to feel bad for him. Because he doesn't want it to affect how you would make a decision. And when he found out that Joe never really reached out to you again, he didn't know what to do. It got too complicated. That none of us ever dared to talk about it again.."

"Our life..just completely stopped for a while. And after that happening, everyone around still hope that you would somehow still be fine. Because we couldn't live with the fact that you were in pain, when all we ever wanted was your happiness. Lane.."

Everything came full cirlce.. Austin letting me go. Tiff and Jon, who became distant. The day I saw Austin at Jon's place. What Tiff said about me being selfish and how their lives revolved around mine.

Everything made sense.

I tried to recall the times when I thought I was alone. I was never truly alone. There were other people who was there for me. But I just chose to be by myself and let the pain swallowed me whole.

Now that's one thing you wouldn't want to eat you out.

Pain.

***