Chapter 26

Miles's POV

No joke, I think I really broke my hip. "Ouch," I exclaimed when I tried standing up for a shower.

"Stay here." Cade stood up and returned with a basin and a white cloth. He helped me clean my body and put me in some clothes. "Do you want to sleep?"

I just lay down on the bed and face the wall. This house is beautiful. I am staring at the old couple's stunning pictures on the wall. They look so in love in every photo.

I felt Cade's hand caressing my thigh. "Thank you for tonight. You made me so happy."

I am glad that he felt that way. I am so happy too. "Sleep now," I asked him.
I am impressed by how Cade expresses his feelings. He is too straightforward and I love that.

He was just hugging me the whole night. That kind of hug that makes you feel that you are protected, that you are safe with him. It was so comfortable. I woke up in the middle of the night. I was mesmerized by how handsome his face is. Is this real? Is this gorgeous guy really in love with an average guy like me? I should be proud.

He moved a bit so I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I was touched when he kissed my forehead and uttered he loves me.  He hugged me again tightly. I am falling for this guy more and more.

The next morning, I woke up alone in our bed. I saw him preparing the food on the small wooden table.

"Baby, I told your mom that we'll eat here because you are not feeling well. She asked us why we didn't sleep in your house." He smiled brightly. I then remembered what we did last night and the butterflies in my stomach attacked again.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her we just want to sleep here. Why? Are you expecting that I'll tell your mom what we did here?" He showed me his playful smile.

I tried to stretch my thighs but my whole body just fucking hurts. It was like I was beaten last night.

Cade sat on the bed and helped me stand. "Do you want to eat on the bed?"

"Shut up! I am okay." Cade is massaging my back.

"I love you." He gave me my morning kiss. He is impatiently waiting for my reply again.

"And I love you too. Let's eat." I stood up and held the pain. The first time indeed hurts. I don't know if he is just too huge or we just did it roughly.

We ate and just watched a movie on his phone.

His phone keeps vibrating. "Answer your call." Who could that be?

We checked the number and it's not registered on his contacts. "Who is that? I thought you changed your number same as mine too. Who would know your number except for your family?"

"Maybe an Elite, baby. We are required to report our number to the team." He explained.

He was just staring at me while I am typing a message. "Call again."

That person really called right away. We answered it and put on a speaker.
"Hi, Cade?" The voice came from a girl.

"Yes? Who is this?" I answered.

"I am Miles's friend. This is Andrea. How are you?"

"How did you get Cade's number, Drei?" I asked.

"Who is this?" She answered back.

"Oh, I thought you said we are friends. How come you didn't recognize my voice? Why are you calling my boyfriend? What's your business with him? If you are going to flirt with him, I am sorry to say this but you can't. Bye."