What hurts the most

Rin POV
I couldn't sleep for days thinking about the deal that was made with Kirnamaru. The vision where Sesshomaru dies still has been bothering me. I was sitting on my porch watching moroha sharpen setsuna weapon and towa petting A-Un. Sesshomaru was talking to Inuyasha with master jaken about the deal. I knew in my heart that I needed to protect my family even if it meant getting my hands dirty. I put a determined look on my face and went back in the hut and went to Sesshomaru stash of weapons. I pulled out a small dagger that was very sharp. I put the sheath on it and put it in my kimono and walked back outside.

"Mom where are you going" setsuna asked looking away from moroha.

"To the forest. We need to replenish on some herbs" I said continuing my walk towards the path. I felt Sesshomaru gaze locked on me but I ignored him. I know he wasn't gonna approve this but I needed to protect him like he does for this family. Once I got to the forest I gave myself a little cut on my finger and let the blood drip into the wind and waited.

Zero POV
I was sitting next to the ocean when I caught the scent of that miserable human. It seems humans are clumsy and she has let her blood drip in the wind allowing me to catch her scent. Well no harm in causing Sesshomaru more pain. I took off in the direction of the scent and came to a forest. I found her standing in front of the tree that she was sealed in for 10 years, talk about a full circle.

"You are just one desperate human aren't you" I said as I landed behind her.

"I'd say your the desperate one zero" she replied which made my blood boil.

"Well then let's get this over with shall we. I have to look for my rainbow pearls" I said walking closer to her. I grabbed her shoulder forcing her to turn to me. I hated touching humans but I will do what must be done. I slowly raised my weapon above my head and starting to smile. This brought be such great joy.

Rin POV
As zero raised her weapon to strike me I pulled the dagger out of my clothing and thrusted it towards her chest. As the dagger entered her flesh blood made its way onto my hands. It took a moment for zero to react but when she realized what happen she dropped her weapon and stood in shock.

"You- you vile human women!" She shouted trying to pull the dagger out but I wouldn't let her. As I pushed the dagger deeper she dropped to her knees with blood coming out of her mouth. Suddenly Kirnamaru landed behind zero with his demonic aura. When he saw what was happening his eyes went wide and he was growling.

"Lady Rin what have you done!" He shouted grabbing my hands and pushing me away from zero pulling the dagger out in the process. I landed on the floor with a grunt and looked at the siblings who were looking at me with anger.

"You two have done nothing but cause my family pain and suffering. Zero is constantly hurting my husband because the one she loved didn't love her. HOW IS THAT RIGHT! HOW IS THAT FAIR!" I shouted at them. Zero lunged at me but I felt Sesshomaru aura land in front of me along with Inuyasha.

"I see we have over stayed our welcome. As for our deal Sesshomaru I advise you to keep an eye on your wife" Kirnamaru said walking away.

"No I will not be made fun of by a human" zero shouted.

"Enough sister! Let us take our leave now!" Kirnamaru shouted at her grabbing her arm and leaving. Sesshomaru turned to me and got down to my level. He picked up the hand that had the dagger and began undoing my fingers on the hilt.

"I'm gonna make sure they don't come back" Inuyasha said taking off in the direction of the siblings. Sesshomaru took the dagger from my hand and placed it on the ground.

"Rin. Why would you do such a thing. She could've killed you" he said trying to hide the anger but I can hear it.

"I'm tired of having you go and fight people who aren't gonna stop coming after us" I said with anger and desperation.

"Rin please you can't do these things-"

"SESSHOMARU PLEASE! I LOST 10 YEARS OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF THEM! I NEVER GOT TO SEE MY CHILDREN GROW UP I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO BE WITH YOU! EVERYTHING IS A MESS BECAUSE OF THEM AND IM TIRED OF IT" I shouted pulling away from him standing. He followed me standing up as well.

"I know how you feel Rin but going around and trying to kill them isn't gonna solve anything" he said calmly.

"Is it because I'm human and you think that I'll get killed" I said wiping my tears away.

"Of course not. I love you and I will not allow you to get yourself in harms way because of my fathers history" he said taking my hand and pulling me closer. He wiped the blood off my hands and picked me up from my legs.

"The blood needs to be on my hands not yours" he said leaning his forehead against mine. I smiled slightly and just enjoyed his embrace. I jumped from his arms but he didn't let my go.

"You must promise you won't do this again ever" he said. I couldn't promise that but I nodded anyway. It hurts me to lie to him but it's need to be done. I kissed his lips and hugged him. I felt a tear slide down my check but I wiped it away.

Later on at night I watched as the girls were returning from a mission and went with moroha to eat dinner there. Sesshomaru wasn't around so I grabbed my cloak and grabbed the book about past readers and a dagger.

"I'm sorry Lord Sesshomaru." I said placing a note on my pillow and walking away towards the exit of the village.

Sesshomaru POV
I came back from a meeting with my mother and I couldn't smell Rin anywhere. I first went to Inuyasha hut and saw my girls helping Kagome with the bowls and Inuyasha placing a sleeping moroha on her pelt.

"Have any of you seen Rin tonight" I asked.

"Uhhh no exactly she said she didn't wanna eat with us and that she wanted to stay home" towa responded. My eyes widened and I left the hut immediately to my own and saw it empty. I saw a note on Rins pelt. She wouldn't ..... would she?