Five more minutes

[ Narrator ]

Boris laid in bed, staring at the wall. Y/n looked at him from the doorway. She was unable to get him to talk to her.

All she wanted to know was what happened.

He wouldn't stop crying and refused to tell anyone why.

She walked over and crouched in front of him. Boris's tears dripped off of his nose onto the floor. "Boris..." She whispered.

He blinked a few times and looked over at her like he was snapped back into reality. "I won't make you talk about it but... Is there anything I can do?" Y/n asked.

Boris's lip quivered and he reached out. His hand pressed against her cheek and Y/n leaned into his palm.

Boris inhaled and started to say something but broke down before he could start.

Y/n grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles. "It's okay... You don't have to tell me if you aren't ready."

Boris pulled his other hand out of the covers and revealed a crumpled envelope. Y/n delicately took it and looked at him.

She opened it and pulled out and contents.

A picture drawn of Boris and his father by Boris as a child, pictures of Boris throughout the years, and a picture of his mother.

"I wanted... Five more minutes." Boris choked out.

"He carried... This around every day." He continued.

Y/n realized he was talking about his father and then realized what had happened. That was why Boris had left. He went to see his father.

Y/n set the stuff on his bedside table and hugged Boris.

He sobbed into her shoulder and clutched her tightly. Y/n couldn't keep herself from tearing up as he sounds of agony and pure sadness filled the room.

"He loved me the whole time!" Boris cried. "He love me." Y/n nodded and squeezed him. "I left him alone and he was sick." Boris whispered.

"When I visit him he... He had biggest smile, Y/n. Said I was so handsome and he was... Proud."

Boris hiccuped and shook his head. He couldn't accept that his father was gone. He was alone.

He kept thinking back to after he finally left the grave. His father's ring in his hand and the envelope tucked safely away from the rain.

He didn't even get to say goodbye. Or tell his dad how fucking much he loved him. Or how he forgave him. All the could do was cry and nod and hold his fathers hand.

He just needed five more minutes.

YALL I WAS LITERALLY CRYING SO HARD WRITING THIS ITS SO SAD AND THE SONG IS SO SAD TOO BUT BILLIE IS SO TALENTED OH GOD

I just reviewed it and it wasn't that sad but at the time it was v sad to me :(