Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Why is it always me? 

Alena

We bustled out of the club at about midnight and started the short walk back to the hotel. The cool breeze was a relief on my flush skin, which was still burning from the thought that Lewis was here, and after the embarrassing encounter with Claude were I tried to pretend I was German. What a night. I had spent the last half an hour telling Billie and Arabelle what had happened.

“So...what do you think of him?” Arabelle asked me.

“Well he’s very good looking–”

“Drop dead gorgeous” Arabelle countered.

“And he was charming and confident–”

“And gorgeous”

“But, he seemed slightly arrogant–”

“But he was beautiful”

“Alright Arabelle we get he was extremely, excessively attractive! Jesus we all flaming saw him!” Billie snapped. I carried on while Arabelle and Billie glowered at each other.

“And big headed”

“Hmmm never good, did you see his body guard? Man now he was–”

“If you say gorgeous one more time–” Billie interjected.

“I was going to say spectacular” Arabelle countered.

“Yeah right” Billie muttered under her breath. I drifted away from the conversation and just focused on the image of Claude that I still remembered from the club. He had light gold hair; it couldn’t be described as blonde because it seemed more intense than just your average yellow colour. It was almost like sunshine bottled; a pure deep colour that was more than a nondescript yellow. It fell in loose curls to the nape of his neck, and he had a slight side fringe as his hair parted more to the left side. It was cut with layers, and looked well cared for, without any spilt ends in sight. His cream skin was flawless and looked like in had been carved to the finest detail, with a straight nose and full lips. His eyes were unforgettable. They were emeralds dazzling in light and around the pupil were the silky lighter green; like a Jade. And how anyone could forget that cheeky grin which was heart stopping. He was head about a head taller than me, and he wore a purple t-shirt with a black waist coat over it and black straight leg jeans, with shiny black pointy shoes. He was athletically built as he wasn’t that muscular, as in a body builder, but I could see the muscles on him arms and through his tight top. And I wasn’t going to complain about him wearing that top again; if I ever saw him of course.

“So Alena, would you die for him?” Billie asked me dramatically.

“I barely know the guy!” I replied quickly, I was caught off guard.

“That doesn’t stop firemen and women risking their lives for strangers.” Billie countered.

“Well, I’m not a fireman or woman, so the answer would probably be no.”

“For now” Billie winked at me. I shook my head, and walked up to the hotel entrance. Arabelle pushed on the door, expecting it to swing open; instead she walked straight into it.

“The only comment I have for that is tit” I grinned at Billie’s face, a mixture of pity and exasperation, all aimed at Arabelle.

“Oh shhhh you!! I would die for someone to get us into this god damn hotel” Arabelle replied.